Tuesday 12 December 2017

Keeping At It - One Day at a Time (Nov.29, 2017)

I got up at 5am this morning to work out and I seemed to have a really hard time getting into it.
First off, I forgot to put underwear with my workout clothes last night so I figured I could just go without.
That ended up being very uncomfortable so a few minutes into my work out I had to stop and go find a pair and put them on.
Then I had to stop twice to run to the washroom.
Then my feet were bothering me so I stopped to switch shoes.
That made a world of difference.
As soon as I got the other pair of shoes on, the jogging was so much easier.
I guess that means I need to retire my other sneakers from work outs.
I will just use them as every day attire instead.

I can tell that I am getting more fit, slowly but surely.
I was able to go to 4.0 and jog for quite some time before needing a break.
I just keep trying to push myself a little more each day and I am seeing results already (as far as endurance goes).


Completed Work Out Happy Picture!

I am still remembering to take my chaga tincture each day.
It has not quite been a week yet so I am not able to report whether or not it is making a difference.


Weight is not dropping off or anything but that's ok.
I am not giving up this time.

I was really busy catching up on emails this morning after missing two days.


I was going over some of the information I had from the conference too and this card reminded me of one of the presentations we had there.
A lady with Alberta Institute for Wildlife Conservation came in and did a presentation about wildlife care that they provide - things like cleaning oiled animals and how to avoid them being oiled in the first place.
She said that the majority of oiled animals they get are not from big oil spills from oil companies but rather from personal residences where animals get into oil that may be stored in a garage or something.
I found that rather interesting as a lot of the environmentalists like to make the oil companies out to be these big bad guys who are out oiling thousands of animals each day.
And not that spills don't happen because they do, but they try to keep the impact as minimal as possible and of course they are striving all the time to avoid spills at all.
I think sometimes people in general don't have all the facts and they jump to conclusions.
This is all just my opinion.

My Honey asked me to come home for a lunch a little later than normal as he was making me something and it would not be ready until then which was no problem at all.

He made me meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy and vegetables for lunch.
It was so good.

After lunch I stopped at the local grocery store to pick up some food for a basket raffle we are doing at work to raise money for the local Adopt-a-Family.

I got all kinds of goodies - whoever wins the basket is going to have lots of treats for the holidays.

I ran into my niece at the store - she was getting some groceries and asked if I could give her a lift home with them.
Of course I did.
I am so proud of her.
She is working hard and paying her own bills and buying her own things.
She has really matured over the past year.

When I got home My Honey was cooking up some black pasta for supper.
I don't think it really tastes that different than regular pasta but it does look cool.

He made his famous pasta that he adds black olives, capers, anchovies and parmesan too and it was so delicious.
I don't even like black olives but I'll eat them in this dish.
 
This memory popped up on Facebook.

Every year I have my friends over for our gift exchange and I make us munchies.
This was a snowman shaped cheeseball with little olive penguins.
It is one of the few Pinterest success stories I have had.
 
Happy with my final fitbit stats for today!
 
Until next time, be happy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment