Wednesday 10 January 2024

Mani/Pedi's and GalaxyLand (Jan.6, 2023)

I was feeling like I wanted to get a pedicure today so I made the suggestion to Freya and she was all in.
So we headed to the mall, Jason went shopping around and Freya and I headed to the nail salon.

She opted to get a manicure.

She is growing up so fast - I love that we can do this kind of thing together.

While we were being pampered, Jason was shopping for shoes.
These ones are pretty space agey looking.

These look more normal.

These are the ones he ended up buying,
I LOVE the color.

Freya finished up before me so she came and sat with me while I finished up.
I was trying to get a picture of her finished nails but she was being silly.

She picked orange and blue for her colors and was very specific about wanting one hand orange and the other blue.
I think they look great.

The nail tech did a great job cleaning up my poor toenails.
I had to pick a dark color to cover the bruising on a couple of my toes so I went with this dark red color and I love how they turned out.
Freya took the picture for me!

We headed out to the mall to meet up with Jason but she had to play by the whale for a bit first.

Swallowed by a whale at West Edmonton Mall.

We met Jason at the foodcourt and had something to eat.
Since I'm planning on starting back on WW on Monday I decided to treat myself to Potato 
Corner and got an order of cheesy fries - so good.

We took Freya over to GalaxyLand next so she could go on a few rides.
She picked the baby coaster first.

She was letting on that it was too babyish for her and that she was bored.
(She went back on it several more times though).

Next up were the bumper cars - there are bigger ones but these ones she was tall enough to go on by herself.

Let's get this thing going!

Bumper car fun.

She kept saying she wanted to go on the pink ride and I didn't know which one it was so we walked around until we found it.
Turned out it was the Cootie Coaster.
She was a tad too short to go on it herself so Jason got himself a pass so he could go with her.

They snap a shot at one point during the ride and Freya looks like she is having a blast.

Then we went down to the furry race track.

Looking like she is ready to take down her opponents.

Here she comes.

Just look at her go!

Quite the fast paced race 😂😂

Then it was back to the Cootie Coaster.

A thumbs up from Freya.

And from Papa - they are ready to go.

This is more her speed.

Ha ha - love it - look at her!

Then back over to the baby coaster but this time she sat right up in front.

She wanted to try this ride that kind of just lifts you up and drops you.

There is a larger version of it that she wanted to go on but I wasn't sure if she could handle it or not and I knew I couldn't so I certainly wouldn't be able to go on it with her.
So this was the compromise.

She's only 5 and she's braver than I am - I have no desire to get on this AT ALL.

Then it was on to the Carousel.

She didn't really need me to come on with her but I did anyway.

She and Jason went on the Cootie Coaster one more time then we decided to call it a day.
On the way out of GalaxyLand we saw one of those Carlos Bakery Kiosks and there was 1 slice of rainbow cake in there so we bought it - figured we'd give it a go.

Freya volunteered to taste test the first bite.

She liked it.
I didn't care for the icing and the cake itself was just ok.
I wouldn't get it again.

We headed out and were planning on stopping at Walmart to get a few things but it started snowing and we had a long drive home so we skipped Walmart and just stopped to get some supper before hitting the road.
We both were kind of craving Arby's so that is what we had but it wasn't very good.
It was 5 pm by then and it was already getting dark and the snow while not coming down crazily it was not letting up and neither of us was looking forward to white knuckling a 2 hour drive home.
If it is snowing here in the it is often gets worse the closer we get to home so we just randomly decided to spend another night.

We were in Stony Plain so we just got ourselves a room there, headed over and checked in.

I still had to get my 30 minute run in so I went to the hotel gym and hopped on the hotel.
I did 3 min warm up, 10 min at 4.3, 10 at 4.4 and I just started on my next 10 when I had to go to the washroom.

So I hopped back on after the washroom and did another 15 min at 4.5 before doing a 3 min cool down.

Always feels good to get a work out in.

I went back up to the room and then we got ready and took Freya down for a swim in the pool.

She loves the pool.
She went down the slide a few times - She told me she'd done it before then after she went down, she informed me that it was actually her first time but she was just like a pro.

Back in the room she fixed us up a snack with some of the things that we had brought to the room with us.

We ended up ordering some pizza and wings and just hung out in the room for the rest of the evening.
It was nice and relaxing.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment