Sunday 28 January 2024

Day at the Curling Rink (Jan.20, 2024)

 I had to curl my first game at 10 so I was up early and had a bath before I had to head over there.
We had a game at 10 then another at 2 and I thought we'd be finished after that so I would be home by supper time so I felt good about that.

Haylee ended up picking Freya up early and they went to Whitecourt with Crystal and Zepp so Jason started sorting through receipts prepping for tax time.
Paddington was "helping" him.

Meanwhile over at the curling rink we ended up tying our 10 am game
The schedule got behind very quickly so I think it was around 3:15 before we ended up getting back on the ice for our second game of the day which we ended up losing.

I had thought we would be done after the second game but found out that everything was being done by points.
There were 10 teams in the bonspiel and the top 6 teams would be playing at 8 for the play off game.
We were kind of in the middle of the pack so had to wait until the final 4 pm games finished up to know it we were going to have to play again and they were super behind by then so I ended up hanging out at the rink all day.

They did feed us a roast beef dinner so that was nice.

There were lots of raffle prizes.

We ended up landing in 5th place points wise so we did have to play the 'C' event at 8 pm against the team that came in 6th place.
The got a few high point ends but we kept coming back and tying them so it was neck and neck right until the last rock but we ended up losing in the end.

It was around 10:30 when we finished up and they were doing all the raffle prizes so I stuck around for all of that.
It was nice to see all the out of town teams that come back year after year and my old boss was there plus and old co-worker/friend so it was nice to visit with everyone.

I didn't end up winning a raffle prize but I did win one of the prizes they had for the teams.
I got some fuzzy socks, wax melts and room spray.

It was a nice weekend and I did end up enjoying myself.
I did do a LOT of snacking on not very healthy items so I'm pretty sure my weigh in on Monday is not going to be that good.
I definitely need to start tracking points again.
I was home by around 12:30.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment