Wednesday 3 January 2024

Keeping Up On My Goals (Jan.2, 2023)

It was back to work for me today.

I don't mind really, we already had Monday off so it will be a short week and I enjoy my job and seeing all my coworkers so it will be nice.

A few people in the office are still off on Christmas vacation so it was quiet there today.

Calvin broke the news to us that our Foreman Bob's wife Tracy passed away this morning.

We all knew she was sick and that when she went into hospital before Christmas she would not be going home but it's still a shock and I'm so sad for Bob and his family.

We all would love to do something to show them that we are thinking of them and that we care but what can a person do.

 

When I went home for lunch I hopped on the treadmill for my 30 minute run

Feels good to get it done.
My eating is still not on track but I will work on that starting Monday.
Giving it a few more days then I think I will start following WW very closely again.

My sister got her parcel of Christmas presents that we sent to her so she and the boys opened them at lunch.
I had picked up a parcel from the mail for Morgan before Christmas of some maternity dresses she ordered and it went missing and we searched high and low but could not find it, turns out it managed to make it's way into my sisters parcel so it's now in NS.
At least we found it and she's just going to mail it back.

She and the boys liked their gifts and Mom was able to watch them open everything on a video call.
I would have watched as well but I really wanted to get my workout done and then I had to head back to work.

The project I decided to tackle today is this cupboard

It is just crammed full of stuff.

It was like a game of Tetris trying to jam stuff in there and then shutting the doors as quickly as possible so nothing came falling out.
Things did slide out often actually but I'd just jam everything back in there again, it took a few tries to get it stay so it was just time to get it cleaned up and organized.

When I'm doing a deep clean like this, I start by pulling everything out then I clean the shelves, the walls, the doors, everything really well.
Then I wash everything before I put it back in - I had already started putting stuff back on the top shelf when I remembered to take a picture of my progress.

I had a break when Kody stopped by to drop off Freya who wanted to come for a visit.
She brought her make-up with her that she'd gotten for Christmas and insisted on giving me a makeover.
I look kind of shiny.
Jason arrived home around that time so he was able to entertain her while I finished up the cupboard.

Everything fits back in there nicely- I threw a lot out that was old and just organized everything.
It looks so good - I wonder how long it will last for?

I had a craving for Newfie poutine for supper which is fries with fried hamburger and onions on top of it and some cheese and gravy.
I called a restaurant in town to order some on my way home from work but they don't make it so I stopped at the store and picked up ingredients to make it myself.
When I finished the cupboard I made it.
I cooked the fries in the oven instead of in a deep fryer so it was slightly healthier than if we'd gotten it at a restaurant and it still tasted really good.
It hit the spot!

Frey and Papa were playing.

She was the Mom and he was the baby brother (I was the sister) and she was feeding him,
She has such a great imagination.

She was pretty wired and we had a hard time getting her to bed.
Even then, it was after midnight before she settled down and actually fell asleep.
It's going to be tough for me to get up for work in the morning but she can sleep in.
They aren't back to school until next week and Jason is off tomorrow.

14,000 Steps - BOOM!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment