Wednesday 31 January 2024

Eden's First Sleepover was a Success! (Jan.28, 2024)

Just as Kody said, Eden woke up around 2 am last night.

I took her to the living room, fed her a bottle, changed her diaper then rocked her back to sleep and put her back in the bassinet.

Then I didn't hear another peep from her until around 5:30.

Jason was up so I got him to prepare a bottle and I brought her into the bed with Freya and I.

I fed her just a little and she fell right back to sleep and slept until about 8:15 which was awesome.

I fed her and hoped she'd fall asleep again but that was a no go.

 

She was up and alert and looking around and not interested one little bit in going back to sleep.

Her serious face cracks me up.

I stayed with her like this for awhile - Freya was still snoozing away.

Then just when I decided to take Eden out to the living room and make myself a coffee, Freya woke up and wanted to cuddle her.

Awww, her little grin.

Morning selfie with my girlie.

Lots of cuddles with my other girlie too.

Freya trying out some cool picture effects.

She wants to sit on the couch and look around and see everything that is going on.

Morning selfie with my other girl.

After her morning feeding she did go back to sleep.

I could have put her down I suppose but I wanted to sit and snuggle her.

And just look at her - she is so precious.

I did eventually put her back in the bassinet and she slept for a couple hours so I was able to change the bed, put some laundry away and do the dishes and spend time with Freya.
I never want to think she's been usurped by her baby sister.

I let her do my make up and she made me into a vampire.

Sisters!
Freya really wants to help with caring for Eden and she is very confident in her skills.

She likes just laying on the couch beside her.

I think Eden likes it as well.

I love these pictures of the two of them.

Jason made pizzas for the guys out at work today.

Kody came to pick up the girls in the early afternoon.
Freya wasn't quite ready to go home so I offered to walk her home.
It was another gorgeous day out there.

Making snow angels on the way home.

Not bad - Freya even added a halo.

When I got her home, she put on Haylee's roller skates and showed me her skating skills.
She's actually getting really good and these are Haylee's skates so WAY too big for Freya so it's amazing that she handles herself so well on them.

Getting good on the roller skates.

She's got the house turned into her own private roller rink.

I walked back home then took some garbage to the dumpster at the office and stopped at the store for some lunch - I got a spinach salad.

When I got home I put some more laundry away then I started working on my blog - I let myself get a week behind.
Once I did a bit of work on that and got all the pictures upload and a few days done, I decided to go down and get my workout done for the day.

I begin a 13 week half marathon training plan tomorrow so partially through my workout, I decided that instead of just running 30 minutes today, I wanted to run 5k.
It was hard and it took me over 50 minutes.

But it felt like such a great accomplishment when I was done.

These two seem to be getting along perfectly fine!

Kody posted a cute picture of Freya and Eden from today.
Sisters!!!

In case I'm ever looking for a book to read!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment