Sunday 28 January 2024

Eden's First Sleep Over (Jan.27, 2024)

Shennelle ended up not coming with us today due to a family thing but Bonnie, Nadine and I still were a go and headed into the city at 8 am.

 

It was 5 C out there today, gorgeous for an end of January day in Edmonton, Alberta.

We went in the St Albert way and the first stop we made was at Crumbl Cookies.


These are the cookies they had on the menu for this week.

There they are on display - they are enormous.

The strawberry crumble caught my eye right away so I got one of those.

Then I also got the cannoli one.
I had a bite of each then decided to save the rest for Jason.
They were both delicious.
(Full Disclosure - I did give them to Jason when I got home but we ended up sharing them so I did have more. The cannoli one had softened up so was even better than earlier - I liked both but it was my favorite out of the two).


We went in to 137th and made stops at Michaels and Penn's (formerly Pennigton's) and I got a couple of sweaters.

Then we headed back to St Albert to the Landmark theater for a movie.

I love the Landmark in St Albert - it has all recliner seats and we even picked the premiere ones this time which are even bigger and heated.

We saw Anyone But You - a cute romcom.
It was a cute movie - I think we all enjoyed it.
I ate a whole entire bag of popcorn - I don't think I've ever done that before.

We did a bit more shopping afterward then decided that we were all too full to go out for supper so instead we stopped at Mary Brown's and those guys got some take out - I skipped it.
I was going to stop somewhere else but my belly was bothering me so I didn't much feel like it so we just headed right on home.

It was 7:50 pm when we pulled in to town which I think is our earliest time home yet for a city trip.

Kody texted to say that Freya was asking to come over so when I got home, I let him know.
He brought both girls over and we decided that I'd keep Eden too - it will be her first time having a sleepover.
He brought over a bassinet for her to sleep in.
He said he'd come get her if I ran into trouble but I figured we'd be just fine.

I only had around 7000 steps when I got home from the city so I walked around the house and on the spot for what seemed like forever trying to get the rest of my steps in.
I finally managed it though and I was so happy when I could finally sit down.

I fed Eden  and she fell asleep around 10 and we never heard another peep from her.
She was still sleeping when the rest of us went to bed around midnight.
Hopefully this is how the rest of the night goes.

Kody says she normally wakes up at 2 then again at 6 so if that's the case, that's not too bad.
We'll see how it goes.
If it's good - we'll be able to start taking her more often for the night to give Kody and Haylee a bit of a break.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment