Sunday 28 January 2024

Christmas in January (Jan.26, 2024)

My sisters Christmas parcel she sent to us arrived yesterday and Jason and I opened up the gifts she sent for us last night.

She sent me this Under Armour top in a bright orange color that I just loved so I wore it to work today.

I'm having everyone over tonight for supper and to play a game so I can give out all the prizes I bought at Christmas time so I'll give everyone else their presents tonight.

 

Jason sent some cabin ideas he was looking at for our lake property in NS to get my opinion.

I think they look really good - I love all the windows.

I think this one is my favorite.
I love the deck, all the windows and the colors.

At lunch time when I got home Mom was doing a bunch of house cleaning so I spent my whole lunch hour helping her and running around the house putting things away.
So I didn't get to workout like I planned.
I also checked on my spaghetti sauce which I made last night but have had in the oven simmering ever since.

So when I got home after work I hopped on the treadmill right away before everyone came over.
I ran my 30 minutes.

Got pretty sweaty but I got it done.
I could hear everyone arriving upstairs just as I was finishing up.

Everyone opening their gifts from Jen.
I video called her on the computer so she could watch - she hates that she's so far away and misses out on family gatherings and we hate it too so I've been trying to remember to call her even if it's just for a short time when we all get together.

Rob and Alivia.
I gave her the Grinch onesies I picked up and a Grinch top I got for her on clearance.

Hunter opening his present from Jen.

Morgan and Kalem..

Adrien, Mom and Kody.

Eden was sleeping for at least the first hour that they were there.

Alivia brought her new kitten Gert over for us all to meet and Gert was very interested in Eden.

Trying to get everyone to look at the same time while I take a picture is nearly impossible.

So I always end up taking a few pictures trying to get at least one good one of each person.

I made spaghetti and garlic bread and I think it was a hit.

Crystal, Rob, Kody and Alivia.

Even though Adrien wasn't looking, I had to include this because of the look on Freya's face.

Adrien, Hunter, Freya and Haylee.

Mom and Eden.

Gert took a liking to Kalem and vice versa.

He's so teeny tiny.

I numbered all the gifts I had and I had exactly.

For a game, I wrote numbers on the bottom of solo cups then taped them to the table.
Then each person got to bounce or throw the ping pong ball into a cup.
Whatever cup it went into they picked up off the table and the number on the bottom of the cup was the number of the prize they got to pick.

We just started from youngest to oldest and everyone got 3 turns, a couple even got 4.
I think everyone enjoyed it.
It took much longer than I initially thought it would.

Someone woke up from her nap and joined us.

Eden and Daddy.

Eden and Mommy.

Oh big yawns.
Guess we were boring her.

Such a sweet girlie.

Freya wanted to spend the night and at first we said no because Jason is working and I'm heading to the city with Bonnie, Shennelle and Nadine but Freya figured that Nanny could watch her in the morning and Mom agreed so she ended up staying.

She made Jason and I stand by one another and try to guess who she would run to.

Every time she sings 'Eeny Meeny Miny Mo" she sings these lyrics that are so funny and I don't know how she came up with them.
She's been singing them that way forever and she just did it the other day and right afterwards I thought to myself that I ought to have recorded her so I'd have it on video.
I thought of it today and then for the first time ever, she didn't sing it that way so it looks like I missed out on my chance.
Bummer.

She wanted Jason to "Fight" with her.

She's always coming up with games for them to play and bossing him around and he just goes along with it.
It's very sweet actually.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment