Saturday 12 June 2021

Park, Picnic Supper and Super Long Bike Ride (June 11, 2021)

Since I over indulged a little last night, I decided that I would do another run today.

Jason took Freya to the park and I headed out.

 

I decided to do a different route than I normally do and headed up the hill today.
It felt really good today, so weird how one day I struggle so much and the next just feels so much easier.

My splits were actually pretty good.

I finished my run at the park so I could pop in and have a quick visit with Jason and Freya before I headed back to work.

She was swinging and she didn't want Papa to push her, she wanted to do it all by herself.

Jason took her to the skate park to play for a bit after I left.

He also took her for an ice cream.

After work, we loaded all the recyclables onto the truck and headed to Barrhead to return them.
I wanted to take our refund (we got like $230) and hit up the garden center but it closed before we could get there.

Oh well, we are going to the city tomorrow for the night, we'll get to a garden center in there.

It was so nice out in BH that even though dine in eating is allowed in restaurants again, we decided to pick up some stuff and have a picnic lunch.

We got quite the spread.

Got some new kinds of hummus to try.
Dill Pickle was the winner.

Salt and Vinegar was ok - tasted just like salt and vinegar chips.
We will finish it but likely won't buy it again.

The avocado was very disappointing, had a weird after taste.
We each had one scoop and the rest will likely end up in the garbage.

We also got golden berries.
They are expensive but they are good.
A bit sweet and a bit tart (but just the right amount).
I really like them and they aren't something you see all the time.

I was feeling really good today, even did my hair so thought I'd take some selfies.
Front view.

Side View

Back view.

I think getting that grey covered up was just such a big ego boost.
I can't get it go so long next time.

It wasn't as nice here in Swan as it was in Barrhead but we still hopped on our bikes when we got home and went for a nice long bike ride.
We both forgot to turn on our GPS trackers so not sure on the distance we went but we biked for 90 minutes.

It's amazing how much my abilities have approved on that front.
We used to go for a quick ride and I'd be struggling so much (especially on the hills) that I wasn't really enjoying myself.

Now we can go all over town for like an hour and a half like nothing and I love it.

We both had our blue tooth headphones on and were listening to music which also makes it just that much more enjoyable.

We settled in and watched Raya and The Last Dragon finally tonight.
I really enjoyed it but Jason wasn't a very big fan.

Haylee posted this cute picture of Freya - looks like they took her to the river for a walk tonight.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment