Wednesday 23 June 2021

Fully Vaccinated and Happy Birthday Jen (June 22, 2021)

It was shaping up to be a beautiful day out there - just the way I like it!

My breakfast/lunch for today.

Since I just ran yesterday, today was my rest day of sorts.
I still headed out at lunch time for a walk.

I walk right by a big hedge of lilac bushes and they smell so wonderful.

I had to get up really close so I could just stand there and inhale the perfume from them.
I love lilacs so much, they remind me of PEI.

It was pretty windy out there - I tried to get a picture of the wind blowing the dust around - this didn't capture it very well.

I walked for an hour then worked for another hour then it was time to head down to the pharmacy for my 2nd Covid vaccination.

The pharmacist (Dean) posed so nicely for a picture with me.
That needle is full of the Moderna vaccine dose just for me.
He wanted me to be nice and relaxed while I was getting the shot so I took the picture right before.

So exciting to feel like life is going to start getting back to some semblance of normal.

I had to hang around the pharmacy for 15 minutes after the shot so I walked around a bit then decided to check out my blood pressure.

It was kind of high which surprised me, it was the last time I did it too.
I'll have to keep an eye on it I guess.

Haylee texted to see if I could watch Freya for a bit and I was just finishing up work so I told her to drop her off.

I just love spending as much time with her as I can.

We took selfies.

She wanted me to take a picture of her belly?

She sat on the couch to play with her tablet for a bit and I tried to get a nice picture of her.

First she gave me the look.

Then she made a crazy face.

I tried to get her to go for a walk down to the park or to the store because I needed more steps but she just wasn't interested.
I did manage to get her outside though and we sat on the swing together for a bit.

When Jason got home, she wanted a dance party.

Oh the life eh?

She'd have him carry her around all day if she could.

He'd probably do it too but she's getting bigger and carrying her around for that long gets hard after a while.

He introduced her to a new song and she just loved it.
Robot Pancake.

I think we listened to it about 5 times in a row.

Kody came to pick her up and she was excited for him to hear the new song and she just danced up a storm.

I cooked up veggies, potatoes and veggie sausages with onions and peppers for supper.
I didn't care for the veggie sausages but Jason thought they were ok.

We went for a quick walk after supper so I could get the rest of the steps in that I needed.  It had cooled off significantly so we just went for a quick one.

Selfie time - front view.

Side view.

Back view.

Today was my sister's birthday so I chatted with her for a bit.
She and the boys were having ice cream cake to celebrate.

I didn't send her a gift yet but she still wants a number for her house so I'm going to make her one.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment