Tuesday 15 June 2021

Birthday Lunch and Red Sky at Night (June 14, 2021)

 Weigh in day went just about as I expected it to.

I was 184.2lbs.

That's up 2.8 lbs since last week.
I enjoyed my treats on the weekend and I think all our activity evens out the treats but time to get back on track now.

This memory popped up on Jason's phone of Freya exactly 1 year ago.
She's just growing up so fast - anyone know how to slow down time?

Bonnie called to see if I wanted to join the girls out for lunch (which I did) so I actually did my hair.

We met at Swan Palace.
I tried taking a selfie of us.

A contractor that works for us (Floyd) was there having lunch and he saw me trying to take the selfie and came over and offered to take a picture for me.
So here we are!

We ended up calling it a birthday lunch for both Shennelle and I since we'd both missed ours due to covid.

It was nice to see the girls and catch up.
Bonnie started back to the office and it sounds like we all will be back to the office at the end of the month.

Although Shennelle and I can pretend we don't know a thing about it.
Our superintendent sent an email out to everyone in the district but for some reason forgot to include us two on the email.

I had a shrimp salad for my lunch, it was pretty good.

Meanwhile, Jason took Freya down to the park then home.
Haylee's friend was over with her kids so Freya wanted to go play with them.

Suns out, buns out,
Ha ha
Is that how the saying goes?

I went to the actual office and worked for the afternoon.
I had to print off a few things and pick a few things up.

When I got home, it was "Selfie Time".
I got this new top on the weekend, it was on clearance for $8 and you know I love a good sale!

Side view.

Back view.

I really needed to get some steps in so Jason and I headed out for a walk.
We stopped at the store to pick up turkey and buns.

Then Jason made us cuban sandwiches for supper.
A lot of points but so worth it.
Plus all I'd eaten so far today was the salad.

Alberta is running a lottery with a prize of one million dollars to try to encourage folks to get their Covid Vaccinations.

Everyone who gets at least their first shot is eligible to enter and it will close one week after 70% of the Alberta population is vaccinated.

So I entered myself and Jason.
I also told Kody to go on there and enter as well which he did.

He's been so stressed out since he got his shot wondering if it was the right thing to do - it would be awesome if he did win - would be pretty worthwhile then!

I didn't get much sleep last night so right after supper, I fell asleep on the couch.
I don't normally nap like that but I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

I woke up at 10 to an amazing sight.

The sky was all pinks and purples and this picture just doesn't quite capture how amazing it looked.

There was even a rainbow in there.

Isn't that just spectacular.

It's not every day that you see something like this.

When I zoomed out a bit you could see some blues and greys and white and the droopy clouds.

Just wow - some of the neighbours were out having a look too.

Red Sky at night!

Saw this on Facebook today - I thought it was funny.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment