Tuesday 8 June 2021

New Running Milestone and Yard Work (June 6, 2021)

It was nice out again today, not as hot as yesterday but I still wanted to get out and get my run in early. 

Ready to run selfies.

Front view.

Side view.

Back view.


I wanted to get in longer run today so I added on some bits here and there and ended up going 11.59km which is my longest distance to date.

I think this will be my plan for a bit.

Run my 8k route every second day then on the weekend, do one long run and try to go a bit further each time.

I thought I was running at a pretty good pace but my splits show otherwise.
I'm not concerned much about that though, still so proud that I'm running.

I kept this mantra in my head while I was doing it, especially at the tough parts,

"I am strong, I am fit, I am healthy, I can do anything I set my mind to"

It really helped.

Also - I tried out my new headphone with spotify and I LOVED them.


It was so nice to not have to fight with my headphones the whole time or skip through a dozen songs at a time.
My ipod has lots of different stuff on it like Christmas music, kids music, wedding marches, buddha chants etc so not all conducive to running.

I have made play lists over the years but lost them a few times when Apple did updates so gave up on making them.

I'm really going to try to be very selective with my running playlist on spotify and keep it up to date.

When I got back, these two were cuddling together.
I didn't get my phone out fast enough though, Snuggy was already leaving by the time I snapped this picture.

For some reason, I was freezing cold and couldn't warm up so I ran myself a nice hot bath and stayed in there for quite a while reading my new book.

I had planned on starting to clean the garage today so after my bath, I got on my work clothes.
Can you believe that this shirt used to fit me just fine, it kind of looks like a dress now.
I've always loved the color if it and couldn't bear to part with it so kept it for a work shirt.

Kody and Freya dropped by for a quick visit and I couldn't get motivated to start in on the garage, (it's going to be a big job) so instead I decided to mow the front and back lawns (also a big job).

Kody went down and picked up gas for me then also started the lawn mower as I always have a tough time with that.

I got the whole back done then started on the front then the lawn mower stopped.
I thought it ran out of gas so I filled it then tried to start it but couldn't.
So I called Kody and asked him to come back and start it again because I really wanted to get it finished.

I did a few other little things then decided to try starting it again and it actually started for me.
I didn't have time to call Kody and tell him not to bother coming so he got there and I was busy mowing again.

I almost finished, just had one little section left and it died on my again.
And no way could I get it started.
I didn't want to bother Kody again so I just gave up and did some other yard work instead.

I also had some leftovers for supper.

Then when Jason got home, he tried the lawn mower and it started right off for him on the first pull.
I said I would finish up but there wasn't much left so he just did it.

Then we did some rearranging with the flowers.
We brought this spool out and this table that Jason made.

I also finally got this barrel into my flower bed like I've been wanting to do for years.

We brought this chair from the backyard and put it in front of our tree with some flowers on it.
Mom and I made this chair at a class we attended when we first moved to town.

The lady that taught the class lives here in town and she is so talented.

She recently made animals from the same material.
I'm going to grab pictures of them next time I'm out for a walk and share them here.
They are amazing.

It's a work in progress but we'll get there.
Need to make another trip to the garden center for sure.

Someone posted these pictures on the military brat page that I follow and it brought back memories.
These are the boxes we used to pack up all our belongings each time we moved.

They were pretty big, sturdy, awesome boxes.
I'm sure anyone involved with the military would remember them.

It's amazing that someone had the foresight to take these pictures.

The instructions for putting the boxes together.

I know it's just a picture of a cardboard box to most but they were a big part of my childhood so really kind of nostalgic for me.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment