Tuesday 8 June 2021

Hot Run (June 2, 2021)

 Jason was back to work today so it was a quiet morning for me.

I had a couple of meetings then I got ready to head out for a run at lunch time.

I considered wearing a long sleeve but then Alexa said it was 21C out there so I opted for cropped leggings and a tank top.

Figured I'd get some selfies in before I left.
Side view.

Back View.


I did my regular 8k route.
It was really good at first - warm and breezy.
However, the breeze died off and those last few km's were tough - I was sweltering.
I really wanted to quit but I pushed through.
I might have to get up early in the morning to go running or at least wait until later in the day when it's cooled off some.

My splits - started off good but as you can see kms 7 and 8 were where the heat really hit and they were tough.

I went down to the actual office and worked for a little while this afternoon.
One of the guys at work has a farm and sells farm fresh eggs and he brought some for me today so I had to drop by and pick them up.

I had some things to print off too so I just did that while I was there and ended up just working from there all afternoon.

With some of the restrictions being lifted, I'm thinking we might be able to go back to work soon.

I'll miss being able to roll out of bed, walk across the hall and go to work in my jammies but it will be nice to have interactions with folks on a regular basis again.

I miss my work family.

I stopped at the store on the way home and picked up a BLT salad for myself.
It was so good - I think I'll make one for Jason and I for supper tomorrow night.

Mom's friend, Darlene, stopped by for a visit after supper.
She is really in a lot of pain and is having trouble walking but she hadn't seen mom for a few days so she was getting worried and missing her.

Mom usually walks over there each day to visit her as she just lives on the street behind us but mom hadn't been going over because she thought Darlene as away.

So I visited with her and mom for a bit but then had to head out to go to an FCSS meeting.

It was so gorgeous out that I decided to walk down there - it's only a couple of minutes away.
They have pictures of all the grads on the light posts and it looks so nice.
What a great idea.

I snapped this one on my way home.
It was 9pm and look how light out it still is.
I love this time of year, everything looks so fresh and green and it stays light out until almost midnight.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment