Monday 21 June 2021

Father's Day Lunch and Long Bike Rides (June 20, 2021)

Had a tiny bit of a sleep in today - didn't want to sleep in too late though, it looked like it was gorgeous out there.

 I love waking up to this little angel sleeping beside me.
I just miss her so much when she's not here.

I decided that I wanted to mow the lawn today and I had a bit of trouble getting the lawn mower started, I always do.
But I kept at it and eventually, I managed to get it going.

Mom helped keep an eye on Freya while I did the front and backyards.
We have a pretty big back yard so it takes a bit of time to get it mowed.

It looks so nice when it's done though.

I decided to do some rearranging with some of my flowers too.
I want to get some more soil to fill up this bed and some perennials too but just can't seem to make it to the garden center.
Maybe one day this week?

Kody came over to pick up Freya and we sat and visited in the backyard for a bit.

Mom just loves chilling on her swing and it was a lovely day for it.

Freya was happy to see her Daddy.

She wanted to make a funny face for the camera.

Mom wanted to take Kody out for lunch since it was Father's Day (I'm so horrible, I completely forgot), so we went out to the golf course.

It's pretty much the only place in town that has outdoor seating and we wanted to take advantage of the gorgeous weather.
Plus, the scenery out there is really beautiful too.

Kody, Haylee and Freya all came too.

While we were there, Rob and Adrien met us there.
Mel was out there working and he and Rob were going golfing so he asked if I could watch Hunter.
Freya had been asking to see him all day so it worked out perfectly.

When we got home, I took the kids for a walk to the park.

We stopped at the store for ice cream.

Freya got blue this time - she always orders by color, not flavor.

Hunter got Cotton Candy - it was really nice out so it was melting quickly.

It was so nice out that they both ended up going in the splash park with there clothes on.
While we were there, Randy, Crystal and Zepplyn showed up so the kids all played together.

Adrien stopped by to pick up Hunter then the rest of us all walked home together.
I had the bike trailer so I pushed Zepplyn and Freya in that over to Randy & Crystals.
That thing is great - it's so easy to push that it practically pushes itself.

Not long after I got back to my place with Freya, Kody and Haylee came to get her.
I had kind of been planning to go for a run once she left but it was pretty hot out there and I just wasn't feeling (plus I had plenty of steps already) so I decided to skip it.

I'll get back to it tomorrow.

I thought I was kind of done with activity for the day but when Jason got home, he & I headed out for a bike ride.

I forgot to turn my gps tracker on when we left so Jason sent me this from his fitbit.
Town is only so big so we cover a lot of the same ground, lots of looping back and forth.
I think maybe we may have to start going out to the highway for a change of scenery.

We got over 20k done which was pretty good.

Listening to music while we ride just makes the time fly.

It's just so enjoyable.
Everything smells so good, freshly mowed lawns, bbq's, campfires, lilacs and other flowers.
It's just such a lovely time of year.


When we got home, Jason made us smoothies - yum yum.

I also realized that I had forgotten to call my dad and with the time change, it was way too late to call him then so I will have to call him tomorrow.

Crystal posted this cute picture of Kody and Freya for Father's day.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment