Monday 21 June 2021

Knocking Items off the To-Do List (June 19, 2021)

 We had a bit of a late night last night so I was expecting to have a bit of a sleep in this morning.

Nope, that didn't happen.
Freya woke up when Jason left for work.
I thought she would fall back to sleep but she didn't.
I hoped I could get a bit more sleep if I gave her her tablet to play with but it was a futile attempt so we just got up.

She asked for a hot bubba (she doesn't really want the milk warmed up, she just calls it a hot bubba).
I fill it with mostly milk and just a bit of water, Kody and Haylee are getting concerned because she never wants to eat, just always wants the bubba.

I think she is just fine - she is healthy and strong but still I know the time is coming when the bubba will go away and I'm going to miss it.

It means she's growing up which is a good thing but it's also sad - I'll miss this stage - it's so much fun.

We spent the morning chilling, she watched her Miraculous Tales of Ladybug (it's her new favorite show right now, she just loves Cat Noir and always pretends to be him) and I read my book.
In fact, I finished it.

What a great read.

Now I really want to watch the movie version with Emily Blunt but I can't find it on any of the streaming services I have (Netflix, Amazon Prime and Crave) so I may have to actually go out and buy the DVD (haven't done that in a while).

Jason sent me a picture of the chocolate peanut butter pie he made this morning for the work bbq tomorrow.
Doesn't it look scrumptious?

At noon, Freya and I headed out for a walk.
We got as far as the skateboard park then she wanted to go in there and play.

Nobody else was there using it so I let her run around on the ramps and she was sliding down them.

She thought it was great.
Then they have these big rocks all around the perimeter of the skateboard park and we walked around the whole thing so she could climb up on each one then jump off.

We stopped at the store and got a snack (she had to get two so she could give one to Hunter) then I walked her home.

It was turning out to be a gorgeous day.

She just makes the best faces.

I tried a new hair style today, ponytail with some of my hair.
I think it looks ok.

Kody had gone golfing but Haylee was home and she was planning on taking Freya to her friends to play so I headed on home.

I was feeling kind of restless, like I wanted to do something but I didn't know what.

I ultimately decided to do something I've been wanting to do for a long time now, remove some cement borders from around a couple trees in the yard.

It was a lot of work digging these up.
The grass had grown right over them and you couldn't even see them anymore but we couldn't run the lawn mower over them so the grass inside was growing super long.

It looks kind of beat up but hopefully the grass will grow and fill in the spaces and it will mend itself over time.

These suckers were heavy but I got them out.
It started raining just as I was finishing up the second set of them and I got soaked moving them but I didn't want to quit.

It rained for a bit so I went in and watched finished watching this little movie that Freya and I had started this morning, 

Wish Dragon.
It was kind of a spin on Aladdin with a dragon that grants wishes instead of a genie.
It was a cute movie, I enjoyed it.

Then the rain stopped and the sun came back out in full force so I hopped on my bike and went for a ride.

I got a nice long bike ride in, covered 13.3 km of ground.
Not too shabby.

I wasn't feeling like cooking again today so I picked subs up from Subway for Jason and I for supper.

When I got back home, I got my work clothes on and headed back to the backyard to get third set of cement borders removed.

Kody came over and brought Freya as she was having a sleep over again.
While he was there, he helped me get the wooden border removed from around an old garden area Jason had made in the back yard which I've also been wanting to do for a while.

So I felt really good about all that I got accomplished today.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment