Friday 18 June 2021

Windy Day Run (June 16, 2021)

It was hurricane like winds out there today.

I really wanted to get out for a run at lunch but I was dreading it and kept flip flopping back and forth about whether or not I would actually go out in it.

I was dreading it because I figured it was going to be extra hard.

 

In the end though, I sucked it up and just got out there.

I did my regular route.

What was the worst that could happen really - I'd have a slower run?


It was tough when I was running headlong into the wind, it almost felt like I was barely moving in a few sections so I was shocked to get home and check my splits.

These were my best splits to date and my average pace was even under 7.
That was a goal I was aiming for - I didn't really think it would happen for me this fast.
Now just to keep it going!

The wind was so strong that it knocked over my flowers and just beat them up.
I tried to move them and tuck them into spots away from the wind but I'm not sure if a couple of them are going to survive.
Bummer!

After work, I had a visitor drop by (well two of them, Kody came too).

We took some selfies together.

Grandma and her best girl.

Kody looking super impressed, ha ha.

I made salsa chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans for supper.
I LOVE green beans.

I was waiting for Jason but he ended up working late tonight, I think it was close to 9 when he got home.

I'm struggling with WW a bit this week, not tracking everything like I should be so I know I'm eating extra points.
Not crazy or anything, I'm managing to keep it under control but just a reminder that it's not always easy and if I'm not diligent, I think it would be so easy to fall off the rails.

I'm just determined that I'm not going to allow that to happen.
I GOT THIS!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment