Tuesday 29 June 2021

Clay Oven Pizza Day (June 25, 2021)

We got up this morning and I logged in and worked for a bit.

Then Jason and I got ready to head out for a short run.

The weather forecast was calling for some real heat today so we just wanted to get it out of the way.


We just did a straight out and back, about 5.5 k.

My splits were all under 7 which I was proud of.

It was pretty toasty out there so we were happy to have that out of the way.

After our run, Jason and his parents went to Grimshaw to run some errands and I got back to work.
I worked right through lunch time to make up for the time I took for our run.

Today is pizza day so Jason was out there getting the fire started.

He stoked it all afternoon.

First pizza is ready to go in.

He is a pizza master!

Doesn't that look delicious.
Spoiler Alert - it was!

He made one with pineapple on it on my request.

This clay oven that he and his mom built together 5 or 6 years ago is amazing.

Pizza number 5.
Needless to say, there were leftovers, especially with the heat, none of us could eat much but I'm sure it will get eaten over the course of the weekend.

He had enough dough left for one more pizza so we decided to try a desert pizza with dulce de leches, walnuts, bananas and chopped up cookies.

Hmm - wonder if this is a good idea?
Turns out that it took a bit longer to cook so the dulce de leches and cookies bits were more on the burned side.
We still each tried a piece and it was ok but we haven't quite perfected the desert pizza yet, it's going to take some more work.

After supper, we decided to go for a bike ride to Deadwood and back.


It's pretty much a straight out and back trip and just shy of 26k so not too bad.
You could smell the clover and grass, lilacs and this grape smell which was so nice.
I haven't been tracking my points since we got here and have been eating lots of carbs so getting that nice long bike ride in felt good.

Jason and I also made a trip into Manning to check out Fields and I got a few pair of biking shorts and a couple outfits for Freya.

Jason and his mom preparing a gingerbread cake to go in the clay oven.
It's amazing how that thing holds heat!
We were all too stuffed to actually have any when it was done but I'm so looking forward to having some tomorrow.

Ha ha.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment