Tuesday 8 June 2021

Red Deer Splash Park, Ice Cream then Home (May 30, 2021)

I don't know if it's the air here or what but after the events of the last two mornings on my run, I decided to not even bother trying a run today and just headed out on my bike instead.

 

I biked all the way from our VRBO to where the road it was on met up with the highway.

I stopped to take a picture of the mountains.

You can just barely see them in this picture (the little white caps off in the distance) but I had a really good view of them.

So I zoomed in so you could see them a bit better - so majestic looking.

I'm going to miss this - it's so peaceful out here.


I ended up doing almost 12k which was pretty good.

When I got back to the house, we packed up and cleaned up.
We had to be out by 11 am but we did such a great job that we were heading out of the driveway at 10:30am

We headed into Okotoks first thing to get coffee and breakfast.
We found a little cafe and ordered food then headed to the same park we ate at the other day to eat it.

What did you get Grandma Crystal?

I love this little spot we found, it was a perfect place to sit and eat.

We could also let the girls explore a bit.

It was right beside the river and a bridge so when we finished eating, we took the girls for a walk over the bridge.

She loves to try balancing on things so here she is, at it again.

She did need Grandma's assistance a little.

Saying Hi to Mommy and Daddy who were down below on the river's edge.

The weather was so gorgeous - none of us were all that anxious to get in the car and start driving.

Posing for a picture with Daddy.
It was a perfect excuse for her to climb which is what she really wanted to do.

Zepplyn wanted in the picture.

So hard to get everyone to look at the same time.
Freya is posing so nicely though and she looks so cute in her little lemon dress that Jason bought for her.

We hit the road and stopped in Red Deer which was about a 2 hour drive.

Freya was crashed.

We decided to get some lunch then find a park to sit and eat it in and let the girls burn off some energy.

We found a splash park and it was a perfect day for it.

She was being a little iffy at first.

It was nice out but that water felt cold at first.

Time for lunch.

Crystal and her girls.

I needed some steps so Jason and I went for a walk around the park.
The lilacs were in bloom - they smell heavenly.

There were these murals on the side of a building.
It is made up of hundreds of little pictures of individuals.

What a neat idea.

Everything looked so green and gorgeous.

There was a statue of a pig there at the park.

When we got back to the splash park, the girls were right in there.

Once they got wet, they were all about it.

It was a pretty nice splash park and there were lots of other people there enjoying it as well.

She's really wet now!

Freya found some rocks to climb on - it's another of her favorite things to do.

Hi Grandma!

It was hard to get them out of there - I didn't even want to leave myself, but we had to get back on the road.
But first, ICE CREAM.

We found an ice cream place not far from the park we were at and headed over there.

Ross Street Ice Cream Co.

So everyone got ice cream.
The street it was on was halfway closed off to traffic so it was a perfect place to sit and eat it.

I got passionfruit sherbet and a sugar free caramel chocolate kind.
There is nothing better than an ice cream on a hot summer day.
I know I've said that before and I'll say it again I'm sure.

There were these little planter boxes that the girls liked sitting in.

They even made some friends.

There were several planter boxes but they preferred to all sit in this one together.

Zepplyn smiling for Jason to take her picture!

There just so happened to be a taco place next door and for some reason, I had a sudden craving for one.
So did Haylee.
We both ordered some food - I got tacos, quesadilla soup and guacamole with chips.

Jason took some pictures while I was picking up my food.

This it the little area we were sitting in.

Once we got our food, we hit the road, we still had another 4 hours of driving to do.

When we got home and unpacked, Paddington jumped up to get some cuddles in.

Guess the little Love Bug missed me.

These are some pictures that Jason took from the trip that I thought I would share.

The girls jumping on the trampoline the first night we got there.

Haylee picked up this little romper for Freya at the second hand store and it was so cute on her.

He made this post on Instagram - Bee Happy Sunshine.

He loves taking close up pictures of insects like this.

I wasn't with him when he saw this Happy.
He said it was when I was in the second hand store, he was out walking around.

Same with this truck - it's so adorable.

More close ups of insects.

And close ups of pictures of insects.
They are really quite beautiful.

I love his captions, this is some of the food we ate on our vacation.

Our breakfast bagel from this morning - it was yummy.

We shared a couple of cookies too.

I am 100% sure that my weight is going to be up tomorrow but I've enjoyed my mini vacation and I'm going to get right back on track.

If I couldn't enjoy some treats every now and then, I would just feel too deprived and I would give up on the weight loss all together.

Moderation and Consistency are both keys to my being successful this time around.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment