Wednesday 2 June 2021

VRBO Near Okotoks for the Weekend (May 27, 2021)

I woke up quite early and after laying there for a while just doing nothing, I finally decided to get up and head out for a run.
I figured if I got mine in early, then Jason could head out when I got back.


I had a look at the map and figured I could head over to the High Level bridge, cross it and run the same route we always run when we stay downtown in the city then when I got back near the bridge, I could walk up the stairs then head back to the room.

So I did that but when I got back to the HL Bridge, I was only at 6k so I decided to keep running thinking I could get down to the Vernicular then just go up to the room from there.
That didn't work though, I kind of got a bit lost and it's really hilly down in that area but at least I got a couple extra km's in.

As you can see from my splits, those hills at the end were tough!
It took me way longer than I planned too but luckily Haylee went over and got Freya so Jason was able to head out.

It was a gorgeous day out there for a run.
I didn't take my phone with me but Jason got a few pictures when he went on his run.
This is such a pretty bridge, IMO!

Spring is in the air - the blossoms are so beautiful and they smell divine.

So many bridges.

Such a nice view looking back up at the hotels.

When I got back to the room, I took Freya so the others could walk and get some coffee and breakfast.

She was loving looking out the window and wanted to get out there and play with all the toy cars she could see (ha ha).
I remember thinking the same thing when I was young and we would be on airplane getting ready to land.
All the cars looked so tiny, just like toys and I wanted to get out there and play with them.

We saw Kody, Haylee, Crystal and Zepplyn getting back to the hotel.
Freya was banging on the window to get their attention but we were way up on the 11th floor so of course they didn't hear a thing.

When they got back to the hotel with breakfast - I took Freya over there to eat.
They had a gorgeous view of the river valley from their room.

Our room had this mural wall - kind of neat.

I like how the beds were set up to take full advantage of the view.

After breakfast, the girls came back to our room to play hide and seek.

Found you!

We figured we'd let them burn off some energy before we got going as they'd be sitting in vehicles for a few hours.

They got a few of their wiggles out.

A few last pictures of the river valley while we were packing up the car.

I love this time of year when everything is so green.

We stopped in Gasoline Alley by Red Deer.
I wanted to get a few things at Costco but the line up was humongous so we just skipped it.

Went to the dollar store instead and Freya did some shopping, ha ha.

We had some lunch - Jason and I got sandwiches at the Donut Mill but we also got some doughnuts to try.
We got a dozen and tried a bite of most of the flavors while we were driving.
None of them really knocked my socks off but then I'm not a huge doughnut lover anyway - there are other sweets I'd much rather have.

We were happy when we pulled up to our VRBO - it looks like a gorgeous place.
There are so many beautiful homes out in this area - this was among the smaller of the ones we were seeing if you could believe that.

We got in and I immediately went and checked it all out.
This was right at the front door - I could tell right away that I was going to love the place.

The main floor sitting area.

I love the kitchen - so big and open and bright.

The dining room off the kitchen.

There was a mud room off the kitchen.

And it was the laundry area too.

There was also a main floor half bath.
I really liked the vanity. 

The landing on the stairs - I like this table.

One of the bedrooms.
Crystal and Zepplyn ended up taking this one.

Another bedroom.

The shared bath for the upstairs.

It was huge.

Another cabinet I really liked.

The main bedroom.

It had a television.

And an en suite.

With double sinks.

And a huge jetted tub.
I know Haylee loves to have baths so I told them to take this room if they wanted to.

Just looking back down at the landing on the stairs.

The basement had a huge living room area and I love, love, love a great sectional.

It was like a theatre room.
I didn't take a straight on picture of it but I loved the tv stand - it was so grand.

Just a cute picture.

This was the room in the basement - the room Jason and I ended up taking.

There was a bathroom down there too.

I love the penny tile on the floor of the shower.

I love the vanity down in that bathroom too.

There was a huge deck on the front.

It had a gorgeous view.

This was the side deck.

There was a trampoline in the back and the girls didn't waste any time getting on it.

Looking at the back of the house.

The garage has an apartment upstairs which they told us had a renter but we didn't see any activity there at all until the very last day.

I loved everything about this house and if I could take it and plop it down just as is on our property in PEI, I would be very happy.

Just a jumping.

Time for a little break.

It was super windy out there.

After we checked the place all out and unpacked, we headed into Okotoks (which was only a couple minutes away) to get a few groceries.
The Costco there didn't have a line up at all so we hit that up then we also went to Winners to get a few things as well.
Then we headed back to the place.

Just chilling in our weekend digs.

Why can't I get everyone to look at the same time when I'm trying to get selfies?

At least Jason looked this time.

The girls - it's so nice when they are sweet to each other like this.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment