Monday 21 June 2021

Taco Salad and The Girl on the Train (June 18, 2021)

 It's Friday - my favorite day of the week!

I made myself a colorful, healthy breakfast.

I got ready to head out for a run at lunch time.

The weather was iffy so I wasn't sure how to dress.
I went summer on the bottom and fall on the top.

Figured I'd take a few selfies before I headed out.

Front view.

Side view.

Back view.


I did my regular route but had to cut it a little short because of a bathroom emergency.

It felt like I was doing better than what my splits showed but not as good as yesterday.
Still improving overall though so I feel good.

I went to my real office for the afternoon to work.
It looks like they'll be letting us know by June 28 when we will be returning there for good.
I'm figuring when Alberta moves to phase 3 of Covid reopening which is scheduled for July 1.

When I got home, I decided to have a bath, my hair was just knots and I really needed to wash it.
I picked a new book to start since I finished The Island of Sea Women yesterday (It was good, I liked how it ended).

The Girl on the Train.
This one is so good, I'm hooked already and I just started it.
I was never interested in watching the movie but now I definitely want to.

Just as I was finishing in the tub, Kody and Freya dropped by for a visit.

I was craving a taco salad and have been ever since the golf course opened back up (plus I didn't feel liked cooking) so we decided to go out there for supper.

Kody drove us so I got to sit in the back with my girl.

She smiled so pretty for the picture.

Ha ha - nice smile Kody!

She thought it was funny that Daddy was being silly.

Mom and I.

Tried to get a picture of all of us.

She had a pepperoni stick for an appetizer.

Lost in a dream.

Oh taco salad, how I've missed you!
I ordered one to take home for Jason too - he was going to meet us there but ended up having to work late.

I had planned on having Freya sleep over tomorrow night but when Kody dropped mom and I off at the house, she really wanted to come too.
I hate seeing her upset so I just told Kody she could stay tonight and I'd keep her tomorrow night too.
I just love having her and I knew Jason would be happy to see her too.

When he got home, he ate his supper then he and Freya went down to the basement to play for a while.
So while they did that, I read more of The Girl on the Train - it's so captivating, it's hard to put down!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment