Wednesday 16 June 2021

Treadmill Workout & WCT Trip (June 15, 2021)

It was pouring rain out there today and while Jason was brave enough to go out into it and do his run, I wasn't really feeling it. 


Instead I opted to hit up the treadmill and do a 1x1 workout.
I ran for 1 minute then walked for 1 min then repeated but bumped up my speed on the run's each time.
The highest I've been able to run for a whole minute was 7.2 so I aimed for that again today and I did it!
In fact, I got up to 7.5 today.
These were the actual speeds I ran at for each running minute today:

4.0, 4.2, 4.4, 4.6, 4.8, 5.0, 5.2, 5.4, 5.6, 5.8,  6.0, 6.2, 6.4, 6.6, 6.8, 7.1, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4, 7.5, 7.4, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, 7.0, 6.8, 6.6, 6.4, 6.2, 6.0, 5.0, 4.0.

I could really feel improvement, normally when I get to the high 6's I'm watching the clock and hitting slowing down my speed as soon as the minute of running is up but I didn't have to do that today until like 7.4/7.5 which I was super proud of.

I was soaked when I finished - it was an awesome workout.

Selfie time - front view.

Side view.

Back view.
(I didn't pee myself, honest, that's sweat from my amazingly tough work out).

After work, Jason and I went to WCT for a quick trip.
We needed to pick up cat food from the vet and we needed a few things at Walmart.
We hadn't had any supper so we went to Original Joes.

I had my go to - virgin caesar, extra spicy and it was so good I pretty much drank the whole thing down in one slurp.

We decided to share meals so we got the Cobb Salad.

We also got the Kona burger and we split both.
The burger was so tasty - the salad was pretty good too and it didn't feel like we over ate.

We made one more stop after supper at No Frills to get some purple popcorn for Jason - it's his favorite.
I really like it too although it does have a bit more points than the boom chicka pop.

It was windy and raining on the way home - we'd kind of hoped we could go for a bike ride but it wasn't really great weather for that.

Some exciting news on the Covid front - things are starting to open back up!

I went on to Westjet's website right away and booked Mom a flight to NS on July 18.

Looks like PEI is going to be opening up at the end of July too - I'm so glad things seem to be progressing in the right direction!

We thought about going there in August but we already have a week booked at a VRBO in Invermere in late August so we couldn't really get the dates to work for us.

So I think we are going to book for September instead.
I'm excited that we'll finally be able to go see everyone and that we'll be able to check out our new property in NS as well.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment