Monday 29 March 2021

All Ready For Some Biking Road Trips This Summer (Mar.26, 2021)

 I was up early, showered and on the road by 7 am.

I had an appointment in the city to get a hitch installed on the car so we can get a bike rack and take our bikes with us on trips.

I listened to the Broadway station the whole trip - I heard lots of goodies, like this one from The Producers.
Nathan Lane starred in the very first show I ever saw on Broadway, The Addams Family.
He is so good.

I thought this sounded like Jason Alexander (George from Seinfeld) and I wanted to remember to check that out when I got home.

It was him - I didn't know that he used to do lots of Broadway.

I dropped the car off at Hitch Works in Leduc and they told me it would be about an hour so I just walked across the street to do some shopping (and get some steps in).
They actually finished within 45 minutes - pretty good.
It was $400.00 for the hitch and installation so not too bad.

Jason had found a bike rack at Canadian Tire for $250.00 but I thought I'd check out Costco first and they ended up having the same bike rack but for $159.99.

So I picked it up and now we are all set - we are heading to Jasper next weekend and weather permitting, we will be able to take our bikes with us.
In the very least, I foresee lots of bike trips this summer.

I promised Freya when she was going home last night that I would get her a treat today.
She said she wanted a blue dolly so I think this will fit the bill.
Plus, it was only $20.00.

Jason sent me this, ha ha.
Poor Kermie!
Luckily for Jason and I, the reverse is true.
This past year we've both gotten much healthier so the pandemic has had it's good points too, at least for us.

I picked up a few groceries while I was in the city and got a few new clothing items too.

I'm being a lot more picky about what I've been buying lately - I want to make sure it's something that I'm really going to wear and enjoy.

Since I've been purging things - I've noticed how much stuff I have and I barely wear any of it.
I'm also cheap too and very seldom pay full price for clothes unless it's something that I absolutely love but that is a rare happening.

I did end up getting a pair of jeans for $12.00 (size 14) and a couple of tops off the clearance racks at Old Navy and Winners.

I found a nice top that I thought Mom would like so I picked that up for her too.

I stopped at Superstore to get myself some chocolate tahini but I couldn't find it.
I wonder if I'll ever find it again?
Maybe it's a blessing that I can't  - it was so delicious - I could just take a spoon and eat the whole thing in one sitting.

There is pretty much no snow left at all in the city.
(Those lucky buggers).

This is before Barrhead, starting to see a bit of snow but still not much.

The roads were entirely clear, and just spots of snow here and there on the fields.

Then the closer I got to home, the more snow I started to see.

The sun was shining and it was really a lovely day for a drive.

This is just as I arrived back at town - as you can see - it is still winter around here.

Like really winter.

Everything is still covered in snow.

Can't even see pavement on the road.

I listened to the Broadway station the whole way home too.
I really like this song from Hamilton.

I was listening to Seth Talks and he did a couple of interviews.
One happened to be with an actress who happens to be Bono's daughter.
She is in a new show on Netflix, a thriller and that's what they were discussing.
It sounded kind of interesting and I'm curious to see if she is actually a good actress or not seeing that she is a celebrity's daughter.
The show is called 'Behind Her Eyes' so I'm going to try to remember to check it out.

I quite enjoy Seth Speaks.

I had picked up some dye for Haylee so I stopped there first thing when I got to town to drop it off.
Of course, Freya wanted to come home with me so I brought her.

She helped me put the groceries away and saw the watermelon I picked up and wanted some.

I didn't even know she liked watermelon.

I picked up a Greek salad and a couple of whole roasted chickens and that is what we had for supper.

Mom was over at Adrien's watching the kiddos and she called and asked me to bring Hunter's Ipad over (he had forgotten it at our place earlier).
When I got up there with it, the kids wanted to come back to our place for a sleep over so I told them to come on over.

Freya was pretty excited to see Hunter when he got there.

The kids played for a couple hours then I tucked Alivia and Hunter in.
They slept in our spare room.

Jason had to work in the morning and Freya wasn't as excited to go to bed so he went to bed and she and I stayed up a bit later.

I don't know if it was the excitement of seeing the kids or if she had a late nap but I had a hard time getting her to go to sleep.
I think it was around 1 am when she finally dozed off.
Little night owl!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment