Tuesday 22 September 2020

Funicular and Drive In Movie (Sept.18, 2020)

Since we went to bed so early, we got up super early.

The view from our room was fabulous as expected.

The river valley area of Edmonton is quite beautiful.

There is the Funicular.

We've always wanted to try it out, this morning will finally be our chance.

Doesn't the water looks so calm and pretty this morning.

This is the restaurant seating area of the hotel, it looks out over the river.

Just checking out the views from the lobby.

This is where we went on the river boat cruise.

By 7:30 am we were out for a walk.
There is a set of stairs right next to the funicular so we took them down first.

That's a lot of stairs (and that's just the first set).

Looking back up at our hotel, we stayed in the one to the right.

The funicular (it's basically just an elevator).
We skipped the second set of stairs and took this to the bottom.

There is a park down at the bottom of the funicular.

It's right next to the river.

So of course we went for a bit of a walk.

Masks are mandatory in all public indoor spaces in Edmonton now so we had to wear them while in the hotel lobby.
I took mine off as soon as we got outside because my glasses kept fogging up and I couldn't see.

It was so pretty along the river's edge.

A couple of trees caught my eye.
I love the branches on this one.

This one I loved the shape and the fall colors.

The climbing plant on this wall had all turned red and it was so pretty.

The water is just so beautiful when it's calm.
Being able to walk next to the water is something I miss so much about living in Dartmouth, NS.

We decided to just take the stairs back up and this was the view at the top of the first set of stairs.

Canada Place is the pink building to the right here and I always loved the color of it.

This is the fancy Fairmont hotel, maybe we can stay there next.

One more set of stairs to go.
Not going to lie, it was hard!

The funicular going back down.
It is free and it seems to get used lots.
We saw all kinds of people going up and down (mainly with bikes) while we were there.

After our walk, we checked out and headed across the river to pick up the dresser I found on kijiji.
The house I picked it up from was in South West Edmonton, in an area I'd never been in before.
The homes were huge and beautiful.
The lady said they were downsizing and moving to Fernie.

We made a trip to Costco then we headed to a ramen spot.

Menjiro Ramen.

I was so looking forward to their Okonomiyaki pancake.
It was ok but it wasn't what I was hoping for.

I had the black garlic tonkotsu ramen.
They didn't have many extras and you had to pay if you wanted the egg - first time I've seen that.
I don't like the egg anyway so I didn't miss it.
I was able to swap out the pork for chicken so that was nice.

The ramen was good but I don't think we'd go out of our way to go back there again.

After ramen, we did a bunch more shopping on the South side.
We aren't very familiar with that area but I didn't mind.
I like checking out a new area, new stores.

I got a little fold up stroller for Baby F and found some new black canvas sneakers at the Skecher's store.

We headed over to Rona in West Edmonton and I got the wood to make the shelves I want to make.
It cost $400.00 😲😲😲
They will be really good shelves though and I need the storage so I think it will be worth it in the end.

We stopped at Opa's for some supper before heading out of the city.
We got Greek salad, shrimp and chicken skewers and some hummus and pita.

We ate in the truck then hit the road for home.

When we pulled into town we saw them setting up the big screen for the drive in movie they are putting on tonight for the town.
I forgot all about it.
I likely would have went but after a day of shopping, I was pretty tired.

My son and Miss H were over there though and they had Baby F with them.
We offered to go over and pick her up and watch her while they watched the movie as we didn't think she would enjoy it that much.
So after we unloaded the truck and got everything put away, we walked down and got her.

Me and my girl.

We got a new bed for Ozzy and Baby F was testing it out.

We also got her a giant stuffed Minnie Mouse but she preferred the bed.

The drive in movie was a big hit.
It was expensive but I hope they do it again because I would like to attend next time.

After the movie, the kids came and picked up Baby F and the dog bed, I hope Ozzy likes it!

Me!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment