Wednesday 2 September 2020

Still No Hot Water. (Aug.29, 2020)

 I was up and at em early this morning.

I had my coffee then headed out for my walk.

My Honey was off to a busy morning too.
He got 10 lbs of beef into the bbq for tacos at work.

It was already cooked by the time I got back from my walk.
(He always send me picture updates of what he's cooking for the guys out there).

When I got home from my walk, I made myself scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Then I checked in on the hot water tank situation and it turns out that there was a steady drip of water still leaking from somewhere on the hot water tank and it soaked the carpet in the gym room.

I tried sucking some of it up with the shop vac but there was a lot of water.

I had to move everything out of the laundry room and off of the area that was soaked.

It smelled like cat urine too so I'm not sure it that was from the previous owner of our house and the wetness made the smell come out or if it was from our cats.

So I headed down to the store and rented the carpet cleaner.

I also picked up another kitty litter box in case the wet carpet was stopping our kitties from going downstairs and Professor Snuggle tested it out immediately.

I gave the carpet a good cleaning and sucked up as much water as I could then left it to dry for a bit.

My brother asked if I could watch the kiddos while he went golfing and at the same time, my son brought Baby F over for me to watch as well.

They kept themselves entertained with the tablet while I was still doing little things around the house.

I tried to take a picture of us.

She was not in the mood!

Later in the afternoon, I went to check to see if things were drying up any and they were not.
So My Honey and I discussed it and decided to buy a new hot water tank.
On a whim, I called the Home Hardware in town to see if they had any in stock and they had one.
She gave me the sku so we could look at the specifications and My Honey said it would work.
They closed at 4 and it was right at 4 when we decided to get it so she stayed open for me to go down there and pick it up.

Then my son and brother A took it downstairs for me so that it would be ready for My Honey to put in when he got home from work this evening.

Baby F was so happy to see My Honey when he got home.

She got their glasses out and their 'babies'.

She looks so cute in glasses.

For some reason, putting the bowls on top of their heads seemed like a fun thing to do.

Then she was trying  to put it under her shirt - not sure why.

After Baby F went home, My Honey went down to get started on the hot water tank install.
Turned out that a couple of the unions were starting to corrode so we decided we might as well get new ones so no hot water again tonight.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment