Friday 11 September 2020

Another Day of Summer (Sept.10, 2020)

I checked out the weather this morning and looks like we are going to have a gorgeous day today.

Capris and tank top it is.

 

Paddington was hanging out in his favorite spot when we were getting ready to leave for work.

He just loves watching the world go by!


He's so beautiful!

Alexa didn't lie - it was gorgeous out there today.

When My Honey & I were in WCT the other day, we had a look at the fridges and stoves.
Our fridge has been crapping out lately so we really need to get a new one.

We decided what we wanted then came home and took some final measurements to make sure everything would fit.

Looks like we'll need to take out a cupboard to get the fridge to fit but we think it's worth it to have an extra 8 cubic feet of storage space in the fridge.

Tiffany was the girl who helped us and she was really good.
We placed the final order today and so hopefully in the next week or two, our new appliances will be hear.

I saw this on Instagram and thought it was cute.
Even just a 'We Believe' sign would be cute.

After work, I went for a walk to the store but stopped in to see Baby F on the way.

It was so nice out they were playing in the sprinkler.

My son had gone golfing with a good buddy of his who found out today that he is losing his job.
Our town has a lot of oil field workers like a lot of other Alberta towns and they've been struggling for years because of the price of oil and just the economy.

But our town also has a waste treatment plant - the only one of it's kind in all of Canada.
They can take waste that nobody else can and they are a big employer here in town.

Until today that is.

Around 60% of their workers found out today that they are going to be laid off at the end of December.
It's so sad to watch friends and family struggle.
You keep thinking that things are going to get better but it just doesn't seem to happen.

Hoping for a miracle and that things change before December so that they don't lose their jobs after all.

Miss H wanted to go over to visit her friend as well so I told her to drop Baby F and Miss Z off to me after I got back from the store.

I was making supper when they got there and so they were kind of bored.
Miss Z kept asking when My Honey would be home ad he is the 'fun one'.

Luckily it wasn't long and as soon as he got home, he took the girls out in the backyard to play.

They knew there were pool noodles in the shed and they wanted them.

Pool noodles aren't just for swimming.

They were certainly burning off lots of energy.

En garde!

Professionals in the making.

CP dropped by to get Miss Z on her way home from work and we headed in for supper.

I made a chicken stir fry for supper - it was pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

I got these puddings when we went to BC for the kids and they never did try them.

Baby F wanted to give them a try today though.

Green and Red pudding, yum?

My Honey usually has a stash of balloons on hand for the kids but he ran out, so he MacGiver'd one for her.

Glove balloons.

He would blow them up and she would take them and let the air out.
Great fun!

I think they went through several gloves but as long as she was having fun, all was good.

I was scrolling through my sister's facebook page and came across this picture that I never saw before.
Don't know how I missed it but this is her and the boys in front of the new place she bought.
So happy for her for her new start.
She looks really happy too which is super to see.

I saw this on WW and though I would like to try it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment