Wednesday 2 September 2020

Filter Fun & Hot Water Tank Mishap (Aug.28, 2020)

It's our last Friday off for the summer - getting back to 5 day weeks is going to be tough.

I was going to watch Baby F today since her Mom & Dad both had to work so I headed out after my coffee to get a walk in.

It was a lovely day. 

We had a pink poppy bloom in our wildflower bed.
So pretty.

I went over to my son's to watch her because they were expecting a parcel.
Purolator had come yesterday but nobody was home when the came so they called to make sure someone would be there today.
They moved Baby F's blocks into her room and I think they look so good in there.

She still enjoys playing with the chalkboard/magnetic board that My Honey made for her.

Selfie time with Grandma.

Guess what she wanted to watch?
No surprise there.

Trying on my glasses like she loves to do.

We called my sister to have a chat.
She's still knee deep in renovations at her place - I'm so proud of all that she is doing on her own!

As you can see, we started playing with filters.
Since Baby F likes glasses so much, I figured she'd like this one and she did.

Ha ha - my sister looks hilarious.
Baby F looks like she's not too sure what to think.

Chef J.

Baby F liked this filter - for some reason it reminded her of her Auntie Z.

She was kind of enthralled by the lipstick.

She kept trying to rub it onto her finger.

Had to try the bowl cut on Baby F.

This is one of my favorite ones of all time.

I had to try out the filters too.
Green/purple/pink hair suits me, doesn't it?

After talking to my sister, we gave My Honey a call at work.
Once Baby F discovered the unicorn filter, that's the only one she wanted.
She was calling it 'corn' and was thrilled when she'd open her mouth and rainbows would pour out.

The parcel arrived around 2 so after that, we headed on up to my place.

I love when I watch her by myself because I get lots of cuddles.

She is growing so fast that I want to spend every moment with her that I can.

She just loves to entertain.

She'll put the hat on long enough to try to get a few laughs but then it's off again.

She doesn't like to have her diaper changed so in order to do it, we normally bribe her with whipped cream from the can.
My Honey normally puts some on her finger but I might have entered dangerous territory here!

She and Papa watched some Cookie Monster together when he got home.

She knows where we keep the snacks and she wanted to pick one out for herself.

M&M's - Good Choice.

We have to be careful because the first thing she normally does when she gets a back of something is dump it all out.
So My Honey helped control the dumping.

We had salad and shrimp for supper.

Baby F opted for pudding and she didn't want a spoon, she wanted to eat it directly from the container.

Surprise!

We've been having a leak on our hot water tank and it seems to be getting worse so My Honey was having a look to see if he could figure out where the leak was coming from.
He figured it was coming around the relief valve but when he went to tighten it, it must have been corroded because it cracked right off.

Water came pouring out and My Honey managed to close off the valves but there was water everywhere.
We cleaned up what we could with the shop vac and My Honey thinks he'll be able to fix it, he just needs to get a part tomorrow.

So no hot water for us for now.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment