Tuesday 1 September 2020

Edmonton Corn Maze (Aug.23, 2020)

We had tickets to go to the Corn Maze today at 1 in the city so we hit the road around 9.

My plan was to go to Costco first but it turned out that my boy got called in to work so we had to do some rearranging with vehicles.

We ended up waiting in Barrhead for my niece and she came in with us, so I didn't make it to Costco.

No biggie.

 

The Edmonton Corn Maze is actually in Spruce Grove - it's a nice place, this was my first time.

It was a lovely day for it too.

It was only $13 for admission which wasn't bad.


I like how you walk into the center then all the activities are all around.
I really like this barn.

I've never heard of spud guns before but it sounded fun - will have to check it out.

There was a petting zoo area.

Some really pretty flowers at their little store.

We headed directly to the corn maze first.
These are some of the designs they've had over the years.

Pretty cool whoever comes up with them.

The perimeter of the corn maze was all these pretty sunflowers.

We just jumped right in.

It was a bit mucky in spots so we kind of kept to the edge.

They gave you a paper with questions on it and when you got to certain markers, the idea was to pick your answer then turn the corresponding way.
There were 6 markers in the first half of the maze.
The markers would tell you who to make the leader for the next section.
There were lots of other turns in between though so not sure how much the questions helped.


This time it was the youngest in the group which was Baby F but Miss Z took over for her.

We ended up only ever finding three of the markers.

It was much harder than I expected.

We covered a lot of the same ground over and over.

Miss M is the leader now.

I think RP did the best as the leader.

We came to a kind of bridge over pass in the middle of the maze.
We thought we'd get a good view of where to go if we went up on it but that didn't help at all.

We must have circled back to it about 6 times.

Just corn as far as you could see.

Pretty though.
I wonder what they do with all the corn?

Okay, lets try this way again.

Isn't insanity doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result?

Baby F was having fun hiding in the corn.

And running.
She just wanted out of the stroller so she could run!

And run she did.

Ha ha - her little faces crack me up.

Eventually I googled a picture of the maze (this is it) and we used that to make our way out.
We were in there for an hour and we only ever found 3 of the markers.
We didn't even go in the other half of the maze where there were 6 more markers.

My niece turned on her GPS tracker for our walk and this was our route, ha ha.

Sitting with Papa (her other papa).

Picture time.

Miss H with her family.

They had these giant jumping pillows which I've never seen before and that's where the kiddos wanted to head to next.

There were two of them, one for smaller kids and one for the bigger kids which was a great idea.

The girls jumped their little hearts out.

My Honey got some really good shots of them jumping.

She just loved it on there and didn't want to leave.

Baby F got some serious air here!

You can see in the back there that they have some pedal carts too - we never made it over there.

Grandma watching.

Look at her go, ha ha, love it.

A great action shot of Miss Z.

Not gonna lie, I kind of wanted to get on there and jump myself.

Cute picture of Baby F with Miss Z great jump in the background.

They did lots of running back and forth across it too.

It was huge.

They had a games area which we never made it to either.

We did make it over to the petting zoo though.
You could buy feed to give to the animals.

The girls weren't frightened at all and got right in there with the animals to feed them.

There were a couple of calves - I tried to get a nice front on picture of one but he was too interested in my phone so this was the best I could get.

They were pretty cute.

Ha ha - sniffing my phone.

Hmmm, where do I want to go next?

There were a couple of piglets.

She checked them out for a minute.

Then she was off again.

Miss H really liked the piglets so she watched them for awhile.
They also had these little sheds with bunnies and chickens.

I like the old looking barn.

The other little piglet they had.

Of course they had corn to eat.

There were goats too.
They just want to be eating all of the time.

There was a little Golden Goats Bridge for the goats.

Having a rest.

This little one was napping right in the watering container.

Some of the group went for a ride on the Corn Cob Express.

Baby F and Miss Z wanted to go back on the jumping pillow so we skipped the train and stayed with them while they jumped.

We could have went to a place that only had this and they would have been just fine with that.

They weren't gone for very long, only about 5 minutes.

We did try the Spud Gun out.
It was much harder to aim than I thought it would be but it was also fun.
Baby F gave it a try with Papa.
It was really loud but that didn't seem to bother her at all.

My Honey with Baby F and Miss Z.

The Grandma's with the girls.

It's pretty hard to get a picture with everyone looking.

We got some snacks and sat and ate them then My Honey and I checked out the store.
I ended up getting these corn trays for $15 a piece and I love them.

You could go in and pick your own sunflowers so the girls did that.
It's so nice that they were friends before and now they are family.
 Two beauties right there!

We had a good day and I would definitely recommend this place.
It was time to go home though.

We went into Spruce Grove and made a stop at Winners then we went to Opa's for supper.

We saw this on the way in so we had to stop on the way home to take a picture.

Someone did it on purpose obviously - it looks pretty cool though.

This moose wasn't one bit shook about us driving up to him and just stood his ground.

Last minute he decided that wasn't such a great idea and he headed to the woods.

I never can get good pictures because I'm always so excited to see them.
I think they are beautiful animals.

He did turn back and have one more look at us before he disappeared into the woods.

My sister posted these pictures of the boys having fun at their Cavendish cabin.

Whoa Mr E, what big eyes you have!




That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment