Monday 22 June 2020

Birthday Dinner/Shopping Trip to Edmonton! (June 20, 2020)

I am so excited.
The girls and I are heading into the city today for a birthday dinner/shopping trip.
Because of the Covid-19 situation, we weren't able to make trips into the city to celebrate either NCT's or my birthdays.
SV is busy today so she couldn't make it but she has a really busy summer ahead so we just decided to go ahead.

My Honey cooked himself up some Canadian Bacon at work this morning.
He said all six slices were only 1 point which is awesome.

We left home at 8 am and our first stop was at Tim Horton's in Westlock.
I had an iced coffee - I just asked them to skip the sugar syrup and put milk and sweetener in there instead.
I didn't even miss the syrup that much, it still tasted pretty good.

Our first stop was at Costco.
We wanted to get in there before it got too busy.

I found this Cauliflower crust pizza kit so I got one to give it a try.
I wanted to get mom's swing for her (BN was going to meet me there so he could put it in his truck) but they were still out of stock so no go on that.

Our next stop was for breakfast.
This was the vehicle parked in front of us - the Buzz and Woody hanging there was so cute!

We went to Cora's for breakfast.
They are only seating every second table or so but there was no line up at all, we just walked right in.

We are going out for supper later so I picked a good healthy option for breakfast.
Spinach and mushroom egg white omelet.
We shared a raspberry custard crepe between us and I did have a bit of that.

After we ate, we went inside the mall to go to Ricki's and we walked by the nail salon.
All the ladies were sitting in the corner looking at their phones so we asked if we could get pedicures and we could!

Pedicures Covid-19 style.
I wonder if wearing masks is going to be the new normal?

I've been wanting to get my toenails done so it was lucky that they could fit us all in.

This summer's color - bright pink with a bit of sparkle.

We went to Ricki's after and I found a few things.
Normally I would need to get the XXL but that's feeling loser to me know and I actually picked up a few XL items.
I wasn't planning on buying any new clothes until I reached my weight loss goals but there was a good sale so I said what the heck.
I got a black flowered hoodie that is so soft and I just love it.
Even though I'm still in a large size - it felt good that I can see progress.

We went to Pennington's as well and I was able to find a pair of jean capris.
I was barely fitting into a 22 before - it was cracking tight.
Today I bought myself a size 18 - they are a bit tight but not uncomfortably so and I felt so good about that.
I'm doing it!

Our last stop was at Brown's Social House in Spruce Grove.
They are also seating only every second table but again, we didn't have to wait for a table.

I ordered myself a virgin Caesar.
It was so delicious.
I could have drank a second one easily but this was 6 points as it was.

We shared a couple appetizers.
One of them was this tempura cauliflower.
It was sooooo great.
The cauliflower was tender with just a bit of spice.
It reminded me of the bang bang cauliflower we had at Wagumama in London only without the hot sauce.

I ordered the Cowboy salad.
The menu was kind of limited actually and there weren't many 'healthy' options.
When I got home, I looked up the nutritional information and it turns out that this salad was at least 23 points,
What the *&^%!
That is just crazy.

BH had a pizza with pesto, chick and sun dried tomatoes.

NCT had a terriyaki rice bowl which was tasty too.

After we ate, we headed home.

It's the summer solstice today so the longest day of daylight in the year.
It was 9:30 when we got to town and it was still bright out.
In fact, when I went to bed at 11:30, it was even still a bit bright out then.

My brother got called out to work and dropped the kids off to my mom so they were there when My Honey got home.
So he got a fire going and they made Smore's together.
They were gone though before I got home.

My son, Baby F, Miss H, her mom and sister all went to Hard Luck Canyon outside of WCT today.

It was a gorgeous day for it.

Baby F enjoyed it.

It looks like a beautiful spot - I've been wanting to check it out.
I'm hoping My Honey and I can do it soon.

My WW Connect Daily Reason Why for today.
Being able to fit in smaller sizes today felt so good.

I was worried about what I ate because I don't want to fall out of the mindset I'm in right now but I think I made the best choices that I could.
I'm going to be upset if I'm not down on Monday's weigh in but the day was fun and I'm not going to let the scale stop me from feeling good!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment