Tuesday 16 June 2020

Baby F, Grandma & Papa J Enjoy their Day! (June 14, 2020)


We woke up to a rainy day, not my favorite but I guess we could use the rain.

We made smoked salmon egg crepini wraps for breakfast.
They had light cream cheese, red onion and capers so reminiscent of bagels and lox.
Very good!

This is Paddington's new spot.
I love how he lays there with his paws crossed on the window sill.
He just lays there for hours and watches all the goings on in the neighbourhood.

I guess I disturbed him when I took the picture because he gave me a look.

We got to have Baby F over for the day because both her mom and dad were working.

My Honey got the balloons out first thing.
She was trying so hard to blow them up, we had to take them away just to give her a little break.

I keep a lip chap in a basket by the tv for her - she loves putting it on.
Lip chap all around!

We keep her little glasses in there too.

Couple of cool looking dudes right there.

It so cute - the glasses actually suit her.

The rain stopped so we bundled up and headed out for a walk.

I picked up this little stroller at the second hand store yesterday for $2.00!
I'm going to keep it at my place so we can go for walks when she is here.

I wish the handles were a smidge higher because I have to bend slightly to push it.

Still wearing her glasses.

I really want to make going for walks something normal and every day for her.
I never want her to have to struggle with her weight or health ever!

My Honey is testing out some new potato dough and was going to make donuts but then decided to go with monkey bread.

Baby F wanted to help so we got her hands washed up and let her go.

Kids love being involved and My Honey is so patient with them.

We've found that if they are involved in making the food, they are way more likely to eat it too which is good because we seem to have more picky eaters in the family than not.

I wish this was smell-o-vision because the aroma wafting up from this was divine.
To make things even better (or worse for someone on WW), My Honey made a cream cheese drizzle.
I had a little bite just to taste and it was as heavenly as I expected it to be, maybe more so.
I would have loved to just fill up a bowl and go to town but I resisted the temptation.

Clean up turned into bubble play time.

She would rinse the blueberries then suck all the water off them and spit them into the sink.
😂😂😂

Snack time turned into play time.

She moved all her applesauce into the cup of water then was just pouring it back and forth.
She didn't really eat any of it - most of it ended up on the table or on her.

Luckily I'd been washing up all the clothes I picked up for her yesterday so I put one of her new little dresses on her.
Then we gave her some of the monkey bread.
Kind of backwards I know.

She wasn't much interested in eating it anyway.

So instead we got Alexa going.

And had a dance party in the living room.

She was loving it!

I got her a new hat yesterday too.

She had to try her glasses on with it.

Still a bit big, it kept slipping down over her eyes.

She sure loves those glasses though.

Just being her goofy self.

The little dress looks so cute on her.

She found the kitty evacuation pack My Honey prepared last time the fires were burning like crazy in Alberta and she claimed it for herself.

The famous pouty face.

She was determined to go out with it.

So we went for another walk.

She fell asleep almost immediately but she didn't let go of that backpack.

She slept for the whole walk then when we got back, I took her out of the stroller and she didn't even wake up.
So I got to snuggle with her for a while and I loved every minute.

My Honey made supper for us - salmon, roasted cauliflower and instant mashed potatoes.
So good.

She continued to sleep right through supper.

Even more beautiful when she's sleeping if that is even possible.

She was a little grumpy at first when she woke up.

I don't think she was really all the way awake.

But it wasn't long before she perked back up to her regular self.
We played games on my tablet until her mom showed up to take her home.

We loved spending the day with her - not gonna lie though - when you aren't used to having little ones around, it is tiring!
Wouldn't trade a minute of time with her for anything though.

My cousin shared this article and I thought it was interesting.
Tignish is where my mother's family is from.
I love the nicknames - I think they are a lot of fun.
My family just happens to be 'The Dicks'.

Ba ha ha!
There seems to be so much going on in the world right now, it feels crazy and I think it could really get a person down if you dwell on it too much.
I'm trying very hard not to and to just keep looking for the good in the world because there is lots of that too even if it isn't deemed important enough to be reported on in the news.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment