Wednesday 3 June 2020

Mini Road Trip and I'm So Excited! (May 29, 2020)

I took the day off today so that we could go get some shopping done with hopefully less folks around than what we could possibly encounter on a weekend.
So we are having a mini road trip today and I'm so excited!

We loaded up all our recycling and stopped at the recycle depot in Barrhead to drop them off.
We ended up with over $200.00 so it was worth it.

We did a bit of shopping at the grocery store then we went to the garden center.
I wanted to get a couple of hanging baskets for my back yard.

This is a cute little garden center but things were pretty picked over so I didn't find what I wanted.

We took the back road over to WCT and the scenery was beautiful.
What a gorgeous day for a drive.

We snacked on fresh cherries in the truck - they taste like summertime!

I was trying to snap a picture of the rolling hills while we were driving but the pictures just don't do it justice.

We made a couple of stops in WCT for groceries and other household supplies then we hit the road for home.

Luckily we had picked up a roast chicken so we just whipped up some instant mashed potatoes, warmed up some frozen veggies and voila, dinner was served.

We had stopped at the post office this morning and my sister had sent a parcel for my son so we stopped over there tonight to drop it off.

It ended up being a bunch of pictures of him that she'd found.

This is when he was about 3 I think.
I made him this Elvis costume for Halloween.
He was NOT impressed!

He got over it once his cousins arrived to go trick or treating with him!

It was nice to drop by for a minute because we got to see Baby F.

They were getting ready for bath and bed time so we didn't stick around too long.

I didn't post this, it was on a meme on Facebook.
OMG though - this took me a minute but I finally got it!

This was on Facebook and I'm in love with it.

I keep saving pictures of these little camper houses in hopes that one day we might be able to make one for Baby F.
It would be so awesome.

This is the first time I've seen pictures of the inside of one.
I love the color scheme.

That little deck on top and the window boxes are just awesome.
Some day!

My niece, Miss M, and her honey took advantage of the nice weather today and went to Slave Lake for a trip.
Looks like they had fun creating this structure on the beach.

Today's daily reason why on WW Connect.

My Honey and I watched this tonight.
Normally he likes to see the Star Wars movies on the big screen but the reviews for this one weren't that great so he wasn't in a big rush to see it.
It's been out for awhile but it was free on Disney+ so we figured why not.
It was actually pretty good and I'm glad we watched it.

It's been a year so far, that's for sure.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment