Wednesday 24 June 2020

SG's Make Up Birthday Lunch (June 23, 2020)

Hallelujah, the sun is shining again today!
They are experiencing a heat wave back in PEI which I would be perfectly ok with.
But the sun shining is good too and I'll take it!

I got out for a short walk this morning just to the road and back.
It's so nice to get out and see that sun and smell the fresh air.
They just cut the grass in the ditches too so I also got to enjoy the smell of freshly cut grass too which I love.

We went to the golf course for lunch to celebrate SG's birthday.
We've got some birthday's to catch up on due to Covid-19 and just our own forgetfullness.
We completely missed SG's birthday last year then almost did it again this year so we really owed her.

BH and I.
We also missed my birthday so we might go out for lunch again on Thursday to do that.
I had a chicken club sandwich - I skipped the butter and mayo and only had one slice of the bread.
I also had a small side caesar salad skip the croutons.
It was pretty good.

Baby F stayed with her other Papa for a short time today and he posted some pictures.

Miss Serious.

He's a huge guitar player and he's passing his love on to her.

I went for another walk in the afternoon.
It was sprinkling out but I went anyway.
It was still really nice and I walked to the turn in to town and back.

I was kind of tired when I got home - I considered getting onto the treadmill but then I didn't.
I don't feel guilty about that decision at all either.

I made a broccoli cole slaw for supper along with roasted cauliflower and broccoli and chicken burgers.
I sliced up an apple and added that to the slaw and it was pretty darn good.
Yum Yum.

After supper we hopped on our bikes and went for a ride.
Of course we made a stop to see Baby F.

She was so happy to see 'Papa'.

Hugging her baby.

Papa was allowed to hug one too.

Not Glama though, when I tried, she took it from me and said 'My Baby'!

Then there were kisses all around.

Awww.

She & Papa read a book together.

The Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.
It was my son's book when he was young and I loved reading it because you could sing it.

This is another of the tops I picked up for her at the second hand store.

She just loves climbing up on her little kitchen.

Papa took her for some piggy back rides.

When we said we were leaving, she raced over and put Papa's shoes on.

It's so hard for us to leave when she's upset.
So distract her - My Honey took her to brush her teeth which she seems to enjoy.
Then when Mom mentioned the bath tub she was good to go.

We biked back home and the little hill before our house is still tough but it's getting easier.
I just have to keep doing it.

I watched Sweet Home Sextuplets when I got home before calling it a night.
My Honey is on days off now and he's going to be watching Baby F tomorrow while her mom goes in to get a tattoo.
Wish I could stay home and spend the day with them but I know she'll have a great day - My Honey will completely dote on her.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment