Thursday 18 June 2020

Dandelion Day (June 16, 2020)


I was browsing on Facebook this morning before I went to work and these memories from a color run we did here in town 4 years ago popped up that I thought I would share.

This was mom and her friends, they manned one of the color powder stations.
This was before mom had her stroke - it has just changed her life so much.
If I would wish for anything, I would wish for that to have never happened or at least that we could reverse the effects.

This is a bunch of us from work.
We all helped to organize the run -A lot of them have moved on to other offices now (or retired) but I feel blessed to have worked (and still work) with such a great bunch of people.

I made sure to get out for a walk this morning.

I walked all the way to the road that turns into town and back.
It felt good to get out and get moving.

I made myself an omelet wrap for lunch and had some cucumber, an orange and turkey bits with it.
Yummy and filling.

After I got home from work and we had supper (My Honey made spaghetti), we went for a walk to my son's place for a visit (and to get steps in).

Her latest thing she started doing is climbing over the couch arm and tucking herself in between the couch and the door.
Then she climbs out and does it again.

My cutie pie!

She loves getting him to blow the balloons up just so she can let the air out and get him to do it again.

We played hide and seek - well they hid and I had to find them.

Then it was My Honey's turn to 'find' her.

Up to her dare devil antics again.

Her hair is getting so long.

Time for piggy back rides.

Little monkey.

She really likes her little rocking chair.

When we were getting ready to go home, she brought her shoes to us and wanted to come so we took her for a little walk to BN's house.
We were going there anyway to drop a donut off to him.
My Honey made rasberry donuts and I did have a bit of one and it was divine.

She ran almost the whole way there.

It had turned into a lovely evening.

My Honey picked her a dandelion and I sang the 'mommy had a baby and it's head popped off' song to her.
I remember singing it as a kid and popping the flower off of the dandelion stem.

She kept picking dandelions herself and saying 'mommy' and kind of dancing.

My little ray of sunshine.

She couldn't quite get the hang of 'popping' the head off.

She didn't let that stop her though, she figured out her own way to do it.

She wanted to go on her bike when we got back to the yard.

So of course My Honey obliged.
She's starting to say a lot more words lately.
She'll just point to something and say what it is, like bike or ball or balloon or cat.

When we got back to the house, My Honey showed me his tomato plants - he got them planted in his greenhouse today.

My Honey has been looking at property in NS to buy and he found one that interested him.
So the realtor went out and took some pictures of it and sent them along.
This is the road that the property runs along.

It's all trees right now.

It's on a lake and look how clear that water is.

This is looking out onto the lake from the property.
The neighbours have a dock.

Looks like there are neighbours on the other side and they have a dock too.

We would have some clearing to do but it looks promising so we told him we'd take it.
Soon we'll be proud owners of a lake lot in NS.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment