Sunday 2 September 2018

Welcome Home Baby F! (August 27, 2018)


Weighed in first thing this morning, I was 268.4 lbs.
I haven't really been focusing on eating right or exercising so no surprise there.

The fuel cards for the guys in the field are expiring at the end of the month here and they sent replacements but they got lost.
So they prepared more for me and because the end of the month is so close, I decided to drive right to Slave Lake and pick them up myself.

I enjoyed some good tunes on the way down.

More for me to download on my ipod.

It seems when I sit down to get some music on my ipod I can never think of anything so this helps a lot.

I picked up the cards then stopped for gas.

I also stopped at Tim Horton's for a Bagel Belt sandwich.
I made a quick stop into Walmart to get a tension rod but they didn't have the size I needed so that was a quick in and out.

More good music on the way home.

I jumped around the stations more on the way home.

I find if you leave it on one station they start to play the same stuff over and over.

I forgot how much I liked this song.

My Honey sent me this picture of Paddington relaxing.
Oh to have such a carefree existence!

Work went by pretty quickly this afternoon.
I told my son to let me know when they were heading home so I could run over and blow up some balloons and he texted me around 4 pm to say they were on their way.

So I headed over there and added to our Welcome Home banner.
I had picked up a helium tank so I filled a bunch of balloons with helium and just had them all around the house.
I put a couple outside on their fence too (forgot to take pictures).
My brother did the dishes meanwhile and then I left so they could arrive home and get settled.

Back home I had some kitty cuddles.

My Honey made chicken soup for supper and it was delicious.

Paddington and me
He is always so interested every time I get out my camera.

What a pretty cat he is.

I had stopped at the store to pick up bean sprouts on the way home for My Honey and they had raisinless bran muffins again so of course I had to get one.
I got one for My Honey too.

I called my son around 7 to see if they'd settled in and he said they'd just arrived home but that I could come over.

I waited for as long as I could stand it then My Honey and I headed over there and got baby in my arms right away.
I called my niece, Miss M, to see if she wanted to go over as well but she was at work.

What a little doll she is.


I could just sit and look at her all night long.

She just slept peacefully the whole time.
So peacefully that I had to check and make sure she was breathing a few times.

I still can't get over all that hair. 

I marveled at her tiny little hands.

They were so soft, it almost felt like she had no bones in her fingers.

Then I just stared at her little face.

I caught a half grin.

Then the full one.
It may have been gas but I prefer to believe that she was having sweet dreams.

Mommy had to feed her a bit then when Miss M got off work, she and Mr T dropped by.

It was her first time meeting Baby F and she was thrilled.

Maybe a little nervous to hold her too.

Again, just look at all that hair.

She's falling under Baby F's spell.

It's almost mesmerizing and very calming and soothing to just hold her and stare at this perfect little being.

Caught another little half grin.

Yup - I am wrapped around her little finger for sure. 

Mom and dad are looking a little tired but happy to be home, albeit a little nervous.
They'll do well though, they make a good team.

We visited until around 9:30 then I figured I'd let them get to bed.
We dropped Miss M and Mr T off then headed home ourselves.

Ha ha ha.
This has actually been me on an occasion or two.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment