Sunday 23 September 2018

Decisions, Decisions! (September 21, 2018)

I was hoping to work through lunch and leave a little early and head to my in-laws for a visit.
Then around 10:30 I got a text from FCSS reminding me that I had an appointment there with mom, her worker and the ABI (Alberta Brain Injury) Rep.
I had forgotten all about it so I raced over there.

The program they have that pays for mom to have a worker for up to 10 hours a week only lasts for 2 years and it is coming up to the end.
So we had the meeting to discuss what the transition is going to look like for mom after the contract which will be in February.
Since Mom was away most of the summer and basically missed out on 2 months, they are going to see if they can extend but even then, we need to figure out things for mom to do to fill her days so she isn't just sitting in the basement by herself watching tv all the time.

We came up with a few ideas including volunteering and having schedule social activities with her friends.
Mom and her worker are going to work on it for the next few months.

The meeting ended up going way longer than expected so lunch was nearly over when I ended up getting back to the office.
Then there was an issue with CNQ'U so I wasn't able to sneak out early.

I hummed and hawed for a long time about what to do and finally decided it was just too long of a drive to do today then turn around and do again on Sunday so I decided to stay home.

I talked to My Honey and let him know.
He said he was making a Mexican casserole which got me craving for one so I went to the store and picked up a few ingredients.

I didn't really have a recipe but I just cooked up the ground beef and added taco seasoning.
I topped it with a layer of black beans, a layer of kernel corn, a can of chopped tomatoes, some salsa, crunched up taco chips and cheese and put it in the oven.

Even though I had drained off most of the juice from the tomatoes, it still ended up being really juicy so it wasn't exactly as planned but I added chopped lettuce, green onions, sour cream and chips on the side and it was a pretty good meal.

I got a small bag of these for the side as I'd never had them before and they were really tasty.
I finished off the bag and that will be my treat for this week.

I found a movie to rent and asked mom to come up and watch it with me.
It was cute.

My Honey was just talking about how much he enjoyed our Pearisian Burger at the golf course last year and what a coincidence, it showed up in my Facebook memories.
It was pretty darn good, for a description of what was all on it, click here 

I also so this cute little rock painting idea on Facebook and I think they would be so fun to make.
I think maybe I have a thing for owls.

Guess I'm not the only one with an unhealthy Hobby Lobby addiction.
Good thing there isn't one around here anywhere or else I would have a serious problem!

Even though it is the weekend, I headed to bed fairly early.
I was torn between heading to the city in the morning to an outdoor market that was going on or heading to WCT and if I was going to the city, I wanted to head there early.

I'll decide in the morning.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment