Saturday 22 September 2018

Welcome Back Summer, Oh How I Have Missed You! (September 19, 2018)


Mr Sun showed up today and is melting all the snow.


It makes me so happy.


It's like summer made a comeback.
I can see my lawn again.

Our gnome is still surrounded by snow but hopefully that will have melted by the end of the day.

I had another salad kit for lunch today with a left over pork chop.

Work felt like it took forever today.
I had little sporadic things to do but aside from that, I felt like I wasn't busy enough.
Being busy helps the day to go by.

I saw last night that a fishing vessel sank off the coast of Tignish, PEI which is where my family is from.
One of the men had made it to shore but two were still missing and there was a massive search party underway for them.
I was praying that they would find them.

It's a reminder of how dangerous that occupation can be.
I feel for the families, so very sad.

I kept checking the news all day hoping to see an update that they'd been found.
It was the opposite though, in the evening they finally called off the search, they determined that it had been 33 hours and there was no way that they'd have been able to survive without floatation devices.
Such a tragedy.

I found a website, Natura Market, where you could order Kodiak products and have them shipped within Canada.
Shipping was free on orders over $49 so I picked a bunch of stuff and ordered it.
I can't wait for it to get here so I can try it all.
I am especially excited about the cornbread!!!

My Honey was off today so he had supper ready when I got home.

Stir fry with chicken and shrimp.
It was delicious.

He said that he thought my mom was out somewhere and just as he was telling me that, she arrived home.
She'd walked down to my sons to visit Baby F for the afternoon.
She said she'd been holding her since 2:00 until now and she had just slept the whole time.
It's so nice that she was able to do that.

After supper I wanted to stop over and visit Baby F too - I feel like I need to get my fix every couple days or so.
My Honey suggested we walk down so that is what we did.

Before we left we put on Paddington's favorite show so he would be entertained while we were gone.

He was having a hard time catching them but that doesn't stop him from trying.

He looked pretty cozy when we left.

She was wide awake and hanging out with her daddy when I got there.

I swooped her up of course and she actually stayed awake for most of our visit.

She fussed a little every now and then but I would just move positions and then she would settle.
(I am currently horrified with how large I look in this picture 😲😲😲)

She really seemed to like being in a position where she could look around.

She takes right after the family in that she doesn't want to miss anything :-)

I got My Honey to take some pictures while I held her and he took tons!


Guess we were boring her!


I could just sit and stare at her and kiss her for hours.
Eventually she did fall asleep so I tucked her into her little portable bed or Dock-a-Baby and we headed out.

We stopped at the store because I wanted a snack.
I got myself a lemon drink for a snack then I also picked up a few more salad kits for lunches for the rest of the week.

My Honey is heading up to visit his parents tomorrow so I will have to fend for myself.

We ran into my niece at the store so we walked home with her.
Her boyfriend got a job and he's been working a lot so she said she's been alone a lot.
It's a relief though because now it's not all on her to take care of everything and he can help out with the bills.

My Honey and I are both so impressed with the adult she has become.
She is neat and clean and organized and responsible.

A few years back you never would have convinced me that she would be such a great little housekeeper, she certainly didn't keep her room that way.
Not that being untidy makes someone a bad person it's just such a turnaround for her.
Anyway, I am just super proud of her and I love her so much!

When we got home, we watched an episode of Outlander.

There was an episode of The Block on too but I wasn't in the mood for it.

My Honey had picked up white cheddar popcorn for a treat for himself and I ended up having some.
I've been trying to stay away from eating after supper but I'm not going to beat myself up over it if I do have a little something every now and then.

I have to prepare myself for being up in the morning when I weigh in though and not let it mess with my head.


Saw this on the gram.
Best costumes ever!!!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment