Monday 3 September 2018

Sleep Over! (August 31, 2018)

I didn't feel like driving all the way to the city and figured I could find what I needed in WCT so that's where I headed.
Heard a couple of good songs along the way.

I really liked this one.

Then I saw a bear cross the road.
I was trying to take a picture of him before he disappeared into the woods but my finger got in the way.

That little black speck there is him.

Just as I was getting a bit closer he was gone.
It's been a while since I've seen a bear and I always get so excited when I do see one.
They are just beautiful.

Another tune I was really digging.

They have pumpkin spice iced caps at Tim Horton's so I just had to try one.
It was ok.

I got a pumpkin spice muffin too and it was filled with pumpkin seeds AND cream cheese filling so it was a total win in my books.

I hit up the second hand store in WCT then I had to drive over to Mayerthorpe to pick up some second hand coveralls for My Honey so I hit up the second hand store there too.
I found some good deals.

I got this big pack full of stamps for $7.00.

Then I found this kit for $6.00.
It was a smaller kit but I liked the stamps.

I also found this basket and a ton of baby clothes.
I was trying to pick up newborn sleepers for Baby F but they aren't that easy to find.

My SIL sent me this message today.
It made me smile.

I got back to the house around 4 and I had promised the kids they could come for a sleep over tonight so I let my brother know that he could bring them over whenever.

I had promised them we could make cupcakes and they did not forget so we got right to it.

We just used a sprinkle cake mix but they took turns adding the few extra ingredients then stirring it up as well.

Everyone was happy about the part they got to contribute so that was good.

They each had a dozen to decorate and he was so proud and eager to get started.
I told him we had to wait until they cooled down to decorate and I think he licked a couple of his at this point to either help the cooling process or mark his territory.
Not sure which, ha ha!

Miss A is in her glory and can't wait to get started on the decorating.

I let him taste test one while it was still warm and he was pretty happy about that.

While they were cooling, I made up some sloppy joe mix and got some sloppy joes into the oven.

I always forget how easy these are to make and how good they taste.

I added spinach and red lentils (which I always sneak in) so they had healthy elements.

Miss A tried them for the first time and gave them a big thumbs up!

OMG - that look, ha ha ha, it cracks me up.
Mr H wasn't interested in having sloppy joe's so it was good old cream of mushroom soup for him.

Then it was cupcake decorating time.
I got two tubes of icing, one in pink and one in green so they could each have their own.

It was a great idea, much easier for them to manage.
They could just squeeze the icing onto the cupcakes directly, I will have to get a few more tubes of the stuff to have on hand.
Mr H still ended up tasting quite a bit of the icing.

It was so funny, he would squeeze a big blob of icing onto the cupcake then bite all the icing off with the tiniest piece of the actual cupcake.

He probably would have licked the icing off of all the tops if I hadn't stopped him.

In the end, he was very proud of his work.
I let him eat a couple then convinced him to save the rest to take home with him.

Not bad for a 3 year old decorator.

As usual, Miss A was very serious about her work.

She did a great job.
It was a great activity and they both really enjoyed themselves.

I saw a new kind of popcorn today so I picked it up for us to try.

We got the kids ready for bed then we watched a movie.
At first they both were cuddled next to me on the couch.

Wasn't long before they switched positions and were cuddled up to My Honey instead.

We watched a few of the shorts from this collection then Mr H was asking to go to bed.

Miss H posted more pictures of her and Baby F today.
Aww, look at her.
I can't get enough of seeing her.

I love this little half grin.

Now the full on grin - she has a little dimple just like her mom.

I'm already thinking about all the Halloween costumes I can make her (if her mom & dad let me) and I saw this one that was just adorable.

Megan Trainer has a new song out and I can't wait to check it out.
I love all her stuff, I think she has a great message.

Just about.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment