Sunday 2 September 2018

Craft Kind of Day (August 26, 2018)

My brother had asked if I could watch the kiddos for a few hours this afternoon and I said sure.

First though, My Honey and I worked on getting the new light fixture put up.
My Honey really did most of the work although I did assist him a bit.
I was so worried about making sure the electricity was turned off properly which of course My Honey made sure to do and everything was much smoother and easier than I was imagining.

I like how it looks and it gives off way more light than the other one we had.
We took it and some other garbage to the dumpster than stopped at the store to pick up some stuff to make some meals for my son and Miss H when they get home.

We got home and started cooking right away.
My Honey got the meatloaf started.

Then the kiddos arrived.
Right away Mr H noticed that we had more pistachio oreos and he helped himself to one.
I think it's so funny that he has a thing for pistachio.
They are pretty darn good though so I can't say I blame him.

I'd promised them we could make and decorate sugar cookies but I wasn't thinking that the oven would be in use all day so instead I made up rice krispie squares.
I rolled them out flat then let them cut shapes out with cookie cutters and decorate them.

They were pretty happy with that.
Mr H is very intently decorating.

He just had to lick the spoon every time.

Miss A was very serious about her work as well.

I tried to contain the mess to the kitchen table and it wasn't that bad actually.

I think more of the icing ended up in Mr H's belly than on his treats.

Miss A made a double decker treat,

She was very proud of her work.

My Honey was trying to help Mr H but he is very independent and wanted to do it on his own.

He grew tired of cutting out shapes and just ended up decorating the treats as is.

When the meatloaf came out of the oven, I had pizza casserole ready to go in.
Miss H had shared a recipe on Facebook so I copied it figuring it must have looked good to her.
It was just spiral pasta with a tomato sauce and slices of pepperoni topped with mozzarella cheese then cooked in the oven.
I made four dishes of that.

Meanwhile, My Honey whipped up a giant batch of tater tot casserole and got that in the oven cooking.

We got quite a bit done.

Miss A wanted to do more crafts so she found this superhero pack I had bought for them ages ago and she got busy.

I can't believe Professor Snuggles hung out and watched her.
Normally both my cats hide as soon as the kids enter the house and I don't see them again until the kids leave.

She's a crafty girl this one, she just loves doing stuff like that - I wish I had an area set up with everything easily accessible so I could do it with her more often.

While his sister was doing her favorite activity, Mr H was busy doing one of his favorite things, taking a bath.
He is one clean kid after he leaves my house!

She found the bows and ribbons I had for the shower and was wearing it as hair.
I let her have a picture with it before I asked her to put it back where she found it.

My Honey joined Miss A crafting.
He got out some paper and markers and crayons.

He'd also picked up a mask paint kit and Miss A was in her glory.
She love, love, loves to paint!

Of course Mr H was out of the bath by that time and he wanted to join in the fun.

He was trying very hard to do a good job.

Proud of the job he is doing.

So much for that bath.

Miss A got her mask completed.

Next for entertainment, we decided to take the kids for a walk and do a little scavenger hunt.
I made a list of things to look for and everyone got a collection bag.

Luckily they found a couple of items as soon as we left the house.
It was quite chilly so we didn't walk far, just around the block.
My brother called half way through and said he was on his way to pick up the kids so it was perfect timing.

We had some meatloaf and tater tot casserole for supper.

I had one of the lemon drinks that I like with it.

Then My Honey and I went over and dropped off all the food at my son's place.
If they don't get home in the next day or so, I instructed my brother (who lives with them) to put it all in the freezer.

They are still in Barrhead.
Baby F has jaundice so they are having to keep her in a Billi Blanket all the time.
They are going back to the Doctor tomorrow for a check up and hopefully it will be all cleared up by then and they can come home.

In the meantime, they posted more pictures of Baby F.

It looks like she is checking out the stuffed puppy her Great Uncle L (Miss H's uncle) gave her.

When we got back home, I let My Honey pick out a movie for us to watch.
He picked an oldie.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Believe it or not, I'd never seen it before.
I'd heard of it of course and had an idea what it was about but I'd never actually sat down and watched it.
It was cute.
Afterwards, we headed to bed.


That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment