Wednesday 19 September 2018

Dinner and a Movie (September 15, 2018)

I've been wanting to go to a movie for a few weeks now so I kind of mentioned it to BH at work and suddenly it turned into a girls trip to the city for dinner and a movie.
I was excited.
 
We got on the road a little later than our usual early mornings departures to the city but that was just fine with me.
 
We stopped in Westlock for some breakfast.

Her honey was away for a week and wasn't due back until tomorrow.
He came back a day early to surprise her but SURPRISE, she wasn't there, ha ha!
He was just calling to see where she was so we had a good chuckle about that.

They are used to me taking blog pictures by now.

I brought mom along too - a day out with the girls is much better than sitting at home by herself all day.
 
We hit up Costco as soon as we got there.
It was snowing and miserable weather.
Where oh where are you summer? Please come back!
 
Then we headed over to the theatre.
 
We got settled in.

Of course we went to the theatre in St Albert with the reclining seats and mom got comfortable.
This is by far my favorite movie theatre.
 
Our movie choice for today - Crazy Rich Asians
I've been wanting to see it ever since I saw the previews.
There were some really slow parts and some really funny parts too.
My favorite character was "Asian Ellen", she just cracked me up.
They pulled the story together at the end though and I did like it.
 
Afterward we went to supper at Central Social Hall.

Actually got mom to smile for a picture!
 
I always seem to get a selfie of NC/T and myself.
 
 
The had a screen that kept scrolling through these WTF's (What the Facts) and they were interesting.
Captivating too, hard to stop watching.
 
It wasn't as busy as I was expecting for supper time on a Saturday.

I had chicken, rice, hummus, pesto and veggies.
I didn't like the hummus or the pesto which was a bummer but the rest was good.
 

 

NC/T had kale/goat cheese flat bread and chicken gyoza which had wasabi in it which was strange.
I didn't mind it but she wasn't crazy about it.

Both BH and SV had chicken and waffles.

I got the waitress to take a picture of our whole group.
 
I had to make one more stop after that at PetSmart for my niece.
She needed crickets for her tarantula and a cricket keeper to keep them in.
 
Then we headed home.
The weather wasn't so bad but I did see a bunch of deer on the last stretch of highway so I slowed down considerably just in case.

I brought the crickets in and Professor Snuggles was VERY interested.

So was Paddington.

I would have left them there for the kitties to watch but I was afraid they would knock the container over and the crickets would get out.

So My Honey moved them to his office and shut the door but Snuggy kept his eye on them for as long as he could.
 
 
I found out today that BMW is not making punch buggy's anymore after 2019.
WHAT THE @#$^&U%#!
NOOOOOOOOOOO!
I always said that I wanted to get myself one, a nice pink color with big eyelashes.
It would only be a second car so it will have to be when I become insanely wealthy.
That hasn't happened yet and so now I am running out of time 😄 
 
Just about!
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment