Sunday 16 September 2018

Nanny is Back in the House! (September 7, 2018)

I had the day off today because mom was flying in so I needed to pick her up at the airport for 10 am.

I was up and out of the house by 7 am.

I enjoyed some good tunes along the way.

I love this one, I am going to buy it as soon as I get home.

I had a short little delay on my way.

They are doing construction on a bridge/culvert and part of it collapsed so it is down to one lane of traffic.

I made it to the airport in plenty of time. 

The flight was delayed for 20 minutes.

So I settled in to wait, took an airport selfie - it could have been far worse and the 20 minutes passed by pretty quickly.

Once I picked her up, I had some shopping to do.

The Costco by the airport is open now so that was our first stop.
I got some fruits and a veggie tray for the shower tomorrow and a few other things.


I saw this awesome punch buggy!

Next we hit up the new outlet mall by the airport.
The first thing we did was go get some lunch.
I hadn't really eaten and I was hungry.

Mom  hadn't eaten so she was hungry too.

We ate at a place that had mainly chicken. Mom had a chicken wrap and a salad.
I have a knack for catching her with the angriest looks but she isn't angry at all just fyi.

I had the pita chicken and a salad.
It was pretty good.

We checked out the mall a little and it was a nice looking mall but didn't have much that I would really shop at.
Old Navy and Marshalls were about the only ones for me.

My Honey was busy at home making cupcakes and he kept sending me pictures of his progress.

The lemon cupcake.

He filled it with a lemon lime curd.

He even tried his hand at decorating and made it into an owl to match the shower theme.
I think he did a great job!

He made a chocolate filled with a vanilla cream.

Another owl, the eyebrows and eyes look great!

I also had to go to Michaels for a new cutting mat for my Cricut.

Saw another punch buggy in the parking lot.
I would so be winning at this game today if My Honey were with me.

They had one in Spruce Grove and the only other places I needed to go were there as well so I avoided the city all together.

I switched it up stations for the drive home.

Sometimes a girl is just in the mood for some country.

It was still close to 6 pm when I got home though.

Just as we finished getting everything packed into the house, my brother and Mr H showed up for a visit.

They cut his hair and he looks so grown up.
Wah Wah, I want the baby back!!!

He was so excited to see My Honey.

He is super strong so he was showing me his "geko muscles".

It is quite the process and includes a few scrunched up faces.

There they are!

He remembered My Honey's magic toolbox that sometimes has tools but other times has treats and he wanted one.
He picked up a water gun.

We convinced him to water the flowers instead of spraying us.

That kept him occupied until they left.

My Honey had made Adobe chicken again so I had some of that and instant mashed potatoes for supper.

I got mom's suitcases taken downstairs for her and she had some unwanted assistance unpacking.

Actually, Professor Snuggles was rolling around in her suitcase rubbing up on her clothes.

He looked so funny and he was having a great time.
I don't know if it was her scent he missed or the material he was into but he was loving it.


Paddington was watching from a distance.


I worked on a little project for the shower tomorrow.
I cut out little circles and they will be the balloons.

I will sit them out tomorrow for all the guests to sign one then I will arrange them onto the picture so it looks like the elephant is holding a big bunch of flowers.

After that, we headed to bed.
My Honey is meeting his brother and nephew in Edmonton tomorrow.
They are going to a football game and spending the night in the city.

I have a full day tomorrow too.
I knew that I was going to stress in bed about forgetting something so I got some paper and made myself a reminder list for the morning.

It must have helped because I drifted off to sleep pretty quickly!

Just about!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment