Saturday 22 September 2018

Weigh In Day (September 17, 2018)

At 10:30 pm last night just as I was drifting off to sleep, my phone started making this loud, strange notification noise that I've never heard before.

I picked it up and it was an Amber Alert.

It said that a 6 year old girl had been abducted in Saskatchewan at a mall and the RCMP were extending the Amber Alert into Alberta and Manitoba as they still hadn't found her.

After that, I just could not get her out of my mind and I had trouble getting to sleep all night long.
What a scary thing to have happen, I figured her parents must be out of their minds with worry.
I also was thinking that the chances of this having a happy ending were pretty slim.

First thing this morning I checked the news to see if there were any updates.

They still hadn't found her so that was bad news but it gave more details on what had happened.

It wasn't a straight abduction case, she'd been strapped into her car seat and the mom had ran into the store and left the vehicle running when someone stole that car.
That gave me some hope that they might find her as it didn't sound like abduction was the intention.
However, the little girl is autistic and epileptic and she is non-verbal so the little darling must be so frightened.
I was praying so hard that they would find her.

When I got to work, we were discussing it a bit then I went to my office to check the news again and praise be, they found her!!!

What a relief!
They didn't elaborate too much on details other than she was alive, unharmed and that they'd taken her to hospital.
Nothing at all about who'd done it but really, they found her and that's the best news!

I weighed in and I was down so that was good.

There is a tree right outside my office window and it is just loaded with berries this year.

It is just covered in birds going crazy for the berries and every now and then, they fly right into my window which startles the heck out of me.
Sometimes they hit so hard that they knock themselves out so I've gone out a few times to check and see if I need to rescue any.
The ground is covered in snow so I don't want them to freeze but so far they've all flown away before I got out there.

I got a newborn photo session with a photographer that I think does great work for Baby F and they took her to the session yesterday.

There was a sneak peek up on Facebook today and I just love it.
She really does amazing work and I can't wait to see the rest!

I picked up another salad kit for lunch.
This is a new kind I've never tried before, I really liked it.

I cooked up a piece of chicken to go on it and it is such a filling lunch.

SV was doing cleaning in her office this afternoon and came across this ransom note that My Honey and another former co-worker (PC) left on her desk years ago.

Where do they come up with this stuff?
Also - they must really have had a lot of time on their hands - this took a lot of effort.

There used to be a lot of joking and pranking going on in the office back then, it was a lot of fun.
I miss that sometimes.

I stopped at my son's on the way home again to have a visit with Baby F.
They said they slept better last night but they are still both looking very tired.

Even if this is just a "gas" smile, it is still the most adorable thing in the world.

Just pondering all the wonderful things about life.

In spite of this half yawn, she was wide awake when I got there.

That was great because it meant I could pick her up without disturbing her.
She fell asleep shortly afterwards though so I just cuddled with her for a while.

When I laid her in her little bed, she tried to open her eyes and wake up but it was just too much effort.

So back to dreamland she went.

I hung out there for awhile then headed home to cook up some supper for My Honey & I.
Chicken, roasted veggies and instant mashed potatoes with some cranberry chutney on the side.

So good.

I didn't add any oil to the veggies this time at all, just rinsed them then added S&P and I think they tasted better than when I douse them with olive oil.
Have to remember that for next time.

My sister texted to say that she's feeling much better these last few days.

She sent me a few pictures of my nephews being silly too.

Only another month and I'll be seeing them for an evening and I can't wait.

I really miss them so much.

I watched a couple episodes of Outlander.
When I was looking for my PVR'd episodes of This Is Us I saw a bunch of episodes of Outlander on there too and realized that I hadn't watched.

I have been reading this Diana Gabaldon series for over 10 years now and I was so excited when I saw they were making it into a show.
I wasn't thrilled with the actor they chose for Jamie Fraser at first because I had such a different idea in my head of what he looked like but he's grown on me.

v
We were cleaning up the supper dishes and Professor Snuggles found new digs to explore.
He just loves empty plastic bags for some reason?


Some new songs to check out.

I strongly concur.

I saw these last year, wanted to make them but never got around to it.
Maybe this will be the year I get them done?

I was off to bed fairly early since I didn't sleep well last night.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment