Sunday 16 September 2018

Baby Shower! (September 8, 2018)

I got up early this morning and got to work right away.

I had picked up a few more prizes yesterday that needed wrapped and I also needed to wrap Miss H's gifts.
It took much longer than I expected.

Then I started gathering together all the things I needed to take down to the hall where the shower was going to be.
It was a lot.
My niece, Miss M, was coming to help and my brother& son also dropped by to help load up the vehicles.
Of course it was pouring down rain when we were doing that but we managed to get it done and keep everything fairly dry.

Miss H's mom met us down at the hall and they all got busy on decorating while I got busy in the kitchen.

She had made a bunch of decorations and she did such a great job.

I just love the poofy tissue paper owl.

I wanted to bring a sheet to make a chair for Miss H but I forgot so my mom put this together.

I had picked up this balloon to take to the hospital but I forgot so it found a new use for it today.

When they finished, Miss M joined me in the kitchen to help make owls.
These are little cream cheese strawberries in rice krispy square nests.
They look more like strange birds than owls but I think they look pretty cute.

We forgot the eyebrows on the owl cupcakes but you get the idea still.

Made some chocolate ones too.

We made dirt and worms too in little plant pots.

I ran out of time to decorated so the peanut butter ones just got iced.

CP made the "Whoo's Hungry" sign too - it looks great..

We had quite the spread.

SV brought a spinach dip and I was really looking forward to having some of it!

I tend to go a little overboard when it comes to food but I'd rather have too much than not enough.

The sign in table got set up and by then the guest were arriving.

We had a lot of babies at the shower.

These girls are all friends and they all had babies right around the same time.

This little one is only a few days old.

For having so many babies there, there wasn't any crying at all which was amazing.

The only little boy.

My Mom met Baby F for the first time.

She held her for most of the shower.

Everyone got settled and we played a bunch of games.

Getting down to business!

I downloaded a bunch of games off of Etsy.
I was thinking later that it would be a perfect business - to create these games then sell them.
You are just buying the downloadable version so you don't have to mess with postage or anything and you could design stuff anywhere.
Perfect!

I think they enjoyed it.

This is tough!!!

Everyone is really giving it their all.

My brother and his family came as well - they got into the games except my SIL who was more than happy to hold babies.

While the adults put on their thinking caps. the kiddos ran off energy.

They were having a grand old time.

I had left over helium so I blew up a balloon for each of the kids.
They loved them.

I left the strings long enough that if they let them go, they could still reach them.

Taking a quick breather while I read out the answers.

If Baby F wasn't with my mom, she was with her other great grandmother.

I had a lot of prizes so we played a lot of games.

What a little cutie!
Notice the little center pieces CP made as well - so cute!

She has her nanny wrapped around her finger already!

Making faces.

A helium tank, some balloons and ribbon are a great investment.
It keeps kiddos entertained for hours.

Then it was time to open presents.

The little ones were happy to offer their assistance.

The diaper "motor bike" that my niece made.
I am still so impressed with her creativity.

My friends came which I appreciated.

Mom's friend, DM, came as well - I hadn't seen her all summer since mom's been away so it was nice to see her.

My niece helped pass out the gifts.

A former co-worker who moved back east was back out for the birth of her grand baby so she was able to attend.

These girls won lots of games so lots of prizes, I think that made them happy!

My SIL got her hair chopped too - I think it looks so good on her.

Not sure if she is hiding or cooling off?

I made sure to make Miss H a diaper hat.

She looks so cute in it.

Still opening.

This was Miss H's very first stuffie and her mom passed it on to her today for Baby F.

Everyone was so generous with the gifts.

They got a lot of nice things.

My boy can sure rock a diaper hat!

My brother met Baby F for the first time today too.

I think she charmed the pants off him as well.

Everyone kind of started leaving after that.
I cleaned up in the kitchen and the others cleaned up the space.
There was a lot of left over food.

It was about 6 pm when I finally headed home and I was exhausted!

For all the food that was at the shower, I didn't really have time to eat much so I had a plate of leftovers when I got home.

I also got to work right away and put together this memento.
I really like how it turned out!

Everything else that I brought back from the shower kind of just stayed where it landed because I much to tired and sore to put it away.
Standing on that concrete floor all day really does a number on my back.
My house looked like a tornado had hit but I didn't care.

I just vegged in front of the television for the rest of the evening and was in bed early.
I am happy with how the shower went and also glad that it is done.

I did manage to hit the step goal for today!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment