Thursday 21 June 2018

Family Dinner (June 17, 2018)

We slept in together this morning, it was nice.
When we did get up, we made coffees and chilled for a bit.
Then I wanted to get the new area rug down to see how it looked so we cleared out the space in the living room.
I swept and mopped up the floor and cleaned off the sofa & love seat as best I could.
They are really covered in cat hair and it is driving me a little crazy.
Would never give up my kitties though so it is what it is.

Then My Honey helped me roll out the rug.
It was only rolled out for about 60 seconds before one of the cats promptly barfed on it (I didn't see which one).
I couldn't believe it.

We got it cleaned up right away though and you can't even tell.
It wasn't exactly the color I was looking for but I love it.
It just finishes things off in here.


I also finally got one of the window panes put up that I picked up.
I love how it looks.

Mom came upstairs and I almost didn't recognize her, she had the rest of the red cut out of her hair.
She thinks it's too short but I think it looks good.
It will grow back anyway.

I invited everyone over for supper tonight and we planned on having pizza.

My Honey worked on making that and I got busy on my blog.

I got a lot done on it today.
It took a lot of time and I was missing out on a gorgeous day outside but I really wanted to get it done.

The kitties were just chilling all day.

Awww, he looks so cozy and cute.

A friend of moms called for my brothers number and next thing you know mom was calling me out to the doorstep.

My brother had his picker down the street at that friend's house and they were getting ready to remove a big tree.
My boy showed up there next to help, he is my brothers helper.
We watched while he worked, it was the first time I've seen his truck since he bought it.


I was a little nervous but there was nothing to be worried about.
They are pros and got that tree moved out of there lickety split.

My boy and his honey arrived first.
Of course I had to show here what I'd picked up for her yesterday and......

Yup, that's the unicorn head I picked up yesterday.
I was supposed to save it for the baby shower - I didn't even last a day!
It's all hand made - they did a great job.

She has quite the baby bump happening now.
Her back is bothering her quite a bit and she figures that she likely will have to stop working.
She works at a seniors home as a personal care worker and it is really physical work..


Pizza is ready, doesn't it look good?

My brother A showed up just in time.

My SIL had the kids at her fathers in BC for the week so they weren't home.
He misses them but is also enjoying some time to relax.
He stayed home because he didn't want to miss any work but the rain was so bad that he ended up not working most of the time they've been gone anyway.
Oh well, he's a hard worker so a bit of a rest will do him good.

We ate pizza


Pizza is always a good choice, everyone likes it in my family.

My Honey made a dessert too with graham cracker crust and ice cream.
He is so good to do all of that while I was focused on my blogging.

My other brother, R, showed up last.

He had to work late but he didn't work much when we had the few rainy days so he wasn't giving up any work.

We all hung out and chatted and I was reminded of how much I love my family and spending time with them.

After they all left, I got back to work on my blog and stayed up way too late working on it.
It was midnight when I finally hit the hay, but I feel really great about all that I was able to accomplish today.


I thought this was funny.
Still no fitbit.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment