Wednesday 20 June 2018

Appointment Day (June 15, 2018)

It was another sunny day out there - just how I like my days to be.


Had some peanut butter toast for breakfast - so simple and yet so good.

It was a bit of a non productive day at work today.


My Honey sent me this picture of Paddington, seems he was having an equally productive day at the house.

It was pretty much just us girls here and 2 of the guys - we spent a lot of time going over the things we still have to prepare for the color run next week.

I had a few appointments this afternoon so I had to leave.
Our first appointment was with my mom's friend LD, who also happens to be a Notary Public.
We had to get copies of the deed for the land back in PEI signed.
I gave us 20 minutes to do that but it turned out to not be enough.
I thought it was just a couple of signatures but it was so much more.
We were going through our ID when I discovered that my driver's license is expired and has been since my birthday in April.
Oops!!!
I will have to run in to the town office on Monday and get it renewed.

I had a mammogram booked so I ended up having to leave LD's place before we were done to go and get that done.
It is never a comfortable thing but you just suck it up and get it done.
It hurts a little though and I ended up with a little tear in my skin under my boob from it.

I'll survive.

From there we headed back to LD's to pick up the rest of the paperwork then we headed to the city as I had my third and final appointment for laser therapy booked at 4:30.

We hit a really bad rainstorm when we were almost into the city and that slowed us down a bit.
It only lasted for about 10 minutes or so but it did end up making us a little late.
She forgot that she'd said she would hook me up to her machine and do a scan but promised to do it next time.

I made 3 more appointments with her for when I get back from London.
We were hungry after we left there so we looked online for a place to have supper.
We couldn't find anything so we parked downtown and started just walking around looking for a place.


We found this place, Wildflower Grill.
We had a look at the menu they had posted and it looked like they had some interesting choices and the prices were reasonable so we thought we'd give it a try.

It was dead in there, not a soul around.

When we were seated and had a look at the menu, we realized that it was totally different than the menu posted, that must have been a lunch menu.
It was crazy expensive (at least for us) but we felt kind of obligated then so we rolled with it.


Knows we're probably going to get hosed but we are too far in to get out now.


The skies had opened up outside too so at least it saved us from being soaked to the bone.
So I was happy about that anyway.
Looking forward to trying something new too.


They did give us a complimentary bun to share.


We ordered the scallops as an appetizer.
We got three of them on the plate.
They were good but not the best darn scallops I'd ever had.

I ordered the halibut.


My Honey ordered the bison.
At least their mains came with sides and we didn't have to pay extra for that.

The halibut was good but not $36 good and My Honey got 2 little slices of bison on his plate for $43.
We were so far in by this point that we decided to just jump right in and have dessert too.


We had a s'mores dessert.
It was just ok too.
Needless to say when the bill arrived, we felt a little like we'd been screwed over (just as expected).
We've had far better meals for a third of the price.
We won't ever go back there.
We don't mind paying extra if the food is good or the experience is worth it but it really wasn't in this case.
We didn't dwell on it though, we just filed it under experience and moved on.


Heading back to the truck I noticed that Edmonton is more of an interesting city than I thought.
They have some awesome graffiti art work just like the other cities we travel too.
Might be nice to come in some weekend and just look around and see what else we might find downtown.

We wanted to go to the movie but the early ones had already started so we went to the mall to wander around and waste some time before the late show.
We went right up and got our tickets as soon as we got to the mal and it's a good thing we did because there were only a few seats left by that point.
We shopped around for a bit.
My Honey was looking for a new suitcase.
He didn't want to take it to the movie with him so we thought we'd keep it in mind and come back for it tomorrow.

We had frozen yogurts before heading to the movie.


This place in West Edmonton mall is my favorite, they have the best topping options.

Not hard to tell which one belongs to who.
I am totally the chocolate fiend.

We saw Incredibles Two and it was a really cute little movie.
Very entertaining.
The fight scene between Jack Jack and the raccoon was my favorite.

After the show we headed to the hotel.
My Honey booked us in at the Hyatt.
They have that scent pumped into their lobby like the big hotels in Las Vegas do and it smells so good.
Makes me want to go to Vegas too!
The pillows and bed sheets are so nice and I think we were out as soon as our heads hit the pillow.

Some funnies for the day.


Still no fitbit stats, bummer.
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment