Sunday 17 June 2018

Home Sweet Home (May 22, 2018)

It was pretty rough when that alarm rang this morning at 2:30 am.
These super early flights are tough.

We got up though and got ready, checked out and were on our way.
We dropped the car rental off - there was no one around there so we just dropped the keys off in the drop box.

We headed to drop our suitcase off next.
When she told us to put it on the scale I told her we "might be a little over". We were!!  It weighed in at 62 lbs.
I was expecting to have to pay more but we didn't.
She just put a "heavy" sticker on it and sent us on our way.

Awesome.

It took no time to get through security and we were sitting at our gate waiting by 4 am.
Our flight left on time at 5:30 am and we headed to Denver, Colorado first.

Today is My Honey's birthday so I let him have the window.
I could see all the mountains as we were arriving in Denver and it looked pretty awesome.
We didn't have to go to security or anything when we got there, just headed to our next gate.
We had plenty of time so we found a place to get a bit to eat.

It was a Wolfgang Puck place.
My Honey had a pizza with a couple eggs cooked on top.

I had the bagel and lox and it was super good.
We also ate the piece of key lime pie we'd gotten last night, it was pretty good too.

Our flight leaving Denver ended up being delayed a bit.
The plane was late getting there.
I was super tired and napped a little while we were waiting at the gate.


I browsed Facebook a bit too and Miss H had a new picture posted.
Isn't that just the cutest baby bump ever?

It was a smaller plane so just two seats on either side of the aisle which I love because we get the row to ourselves that way.
The con about it is that you can feel that turbulence a bit more on the smaller planes.
Thankfully there wasn't too much of that.
I let My Honey sit by the window again and I leaned up against him and snoozed for most of the flight.
I needed it.

Getting through customs at Edmonton was a breeze too.
We were supposed to get in at 2:20 but it was after 3 when we did land.
Not that bad.
We picked up the truck, changed into some more appropriate clothes.
It was super hot when we landed, they've been having a bit of a hot spell here in Alberta.
It was 29 and we both had long pants on, I even had a sweater.

It was nice to arrive home to such a lovely day.
We wanted some supper so I told My Honey he could pick wherever he wanted seeing as he was the birthday boy.

He chose.......pho!!!
Ha ha.
I wasn't surprised, it is his favorite.

We had green onion cake which I love to soak in fish sauce - it was delicious.

We also had some chicken wings for an appetizer, they were super good too.

He had a bowl of his soup that he loves and I had the special vermicelli bowl which came with chicken, pork and shrimp.  

My entrée wasn't as good as the appetizers but it did the trick anyway.
Afterwards we hit up Tim Horton's.
I really wanted a chocolate chip iced cappuccino.

Then we were on the road heading home.

We got to town right around 8 pm.

As soon as we pulled in the driveway, Ipad came running.

He was so happy to see My Honey, he was rolling around and just lapping up all the loving he was getting.

When we got home, we were surprised to find my brothers dog there.
My Honey went to bed shortly after we got home but I waited up for mom to get home from bible study.
I wanted to find out what the case was with the dog.
When she came home she told me that she was wanting to keep the dog.
I had to tell her that he couldn't stay.
I felt really super bad about it.
We aren't ready for another dog though.
We already have two cats, that is enough pets for us.

I went to bed and I was really upset - I felt so guilty and horrible.
It was just kind of sprung on us, we didn't even have a chance to discuss first.
So I discussed with My Honey at length.
I was feeling like maybe I should change my mind, give it a trial.
Mom is going to PEI for the summer though so he would have to go back to my brothers anyway at that point.
So that is how it stands for now.

I wasn't sure if I'd get to sleep because it was playing on my mind a lot but I was so tired that I did eventually drift off.

I love going away but there is also nothing like slipping into my own bed and snuggling into my pillows.

Didn't quite reach the step goal today. 😕
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment