Monday 18 June 2018

Cat Party (June 4, 2018)

It was back to the grind today.
I stayed up way to late so I was super tired but a girl has to do what a girl has to do so off to work I went.
It was a little chilly out there today.
I wish summer would just come and stay instead of all this back and forth.
Newfoundland is expecting snow though so I can't complain too much.

I weighed in this morning - I thought I'd done well over the weekend with making sensible choices
but then I remembered the chocolate chip iced capps and the McFlurries!

Those were the only treats though so I think it could have been far worse.
I do feel like I am able to quash cravings much quicker and I'm not sure if that is due to the laser treatment but I'll take it.


I had a couple of mangos for a snack this morning.
They are so good when they are ripe.

I ended up being super busy at work, so busy that I just worked right through lunch.
I had brought some veggies and I had some hard boiled eggs in the fridge at work so I munched on those.
My Honey had went to Mayerthorpe today to take his First Aid course.
He texted me to see if I wanted him to bring me home a treat.
It is fiddlehead season so that is what I requested.
For some reason they don't ever carry them here in town and they are only available for a short window of time.

When I got home he had cooked up a lovely supper.
He smoked a couple of pork butts in his smoker all day yesterday then he finished them off in the oven.
He also warmed up some ribs and corn that we had left over.
I cooked up the fiddleheads, just butter, salt, pepper and a little bit of lemon is all they need.
They have a very distinct taste and I just love them.
He picked up two packages and I cooked up both.
I'll have any extra for lunch tomorrow.


He also made ginger biscuits.
He added fresh ginger and candied ginger.


I had one with blackberries and whipped cream for dessert.
I wanted him to try adding the ginger so bad and turns out now that he did, I prefer the regular ones with nothing added.

I didn't get many steps in today as I rarely left my office so I was only at the 4000 step mark.
I was tired though and it was cold and windy outside so I couldn't bring myself to get out there.

I did however grab my Ipad and head downstairs to see an old friend, my treadmill.
I got an episode of Call the Midwife on and I just started walking.

It took me almost an hour of walking (or one whole episode of my show) to reach the 10,000 steps but I did it and I am proud of me for getting it done when all I really wanted to do was have a bath and go to bed.

Afterwards I treated myself to a bubble bath.
I didn't even bother to bring my book in with me, I just laid there and relaxed.
It was lovely.
When I got out, I didn't even dry my hair, I put it in a ponytail.

My Honey called me out to the living room to check out the cat party going on in our yard.

Two kitties were hanging out there watching a bird and our two kitties were hanging out watching the other two kitties.

We were quite entertained ourselves watching the whole thing.


Professor Snuggles was super interested.

I had a handful of raw almonds for a snack before calling it a day and heading to bed.

😊😊😊
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment