Wednesday 20 June 2018

Shop, Shop, Shop Til You Drop. (June 16, 2018)

They have free breakfast at this hotel until 10 am on weekends and we made it out of the room in time to take advantage of it.
The scrambled eggs are soft and they taste so good.
They have tons of bacon too so I loaded up on that.

From there we headed to Stony Plain.
There was a community street market going on there that I really wanted to attend.

I wasn't expecting to buy anything but we went through the cash My Honey had on him then I had to go get more out of the bank machine.

I found some corbels, a couple of baby blankets, a little dress for baby and a really great deal on Stampin Up stamps sets.
I also found this really cute Unicorn head for baby's room.
It was handmade and it was pricey but I think it was worth it.
My plan is to save it for a shower gift but I doubt I'll make it that long.
Next we headed to the Farmers Market section and we bought some pickled garlic, eat more bars and fudge for mom.


We also got a box of strawberries which we promptly ate.
They weren't as delicious as I was hoping.

I really enjoyed it.
It was the kind of street market I like with real people selling stuff they are getting rid of or things that they've made.

From there we headed back to the city to pick up My Honey's bag he'd seen yesterday.
We stopped at two different Winner's locations hoping that we could avoid going back to the mall but neither of them had it so we ended up back at the mall after all.

My Honey found his bag and I found an area rug.
It had a green pattern on it instead of the blue I've been looking for but it was on sale for half price and I thought it would work so we bought it.

We had more stuff to do so we left it at the store with the intention of dropping by on our way home to get it.
We were quite hungry by this time so found a place to eat on Google.
It said it was only 8 km away so we were off.
We ended up having to go over the bridge and that kind of bummed us out but it wasn't that bad at all, it took only 12 minutes to get there.


It is called Seoul Fried Chicken and it had a 4.6 star rating out of 5 which was pretty good.


It is a small place but there are a few tables and it was busy the whole time we were in there.


Happy to finally be getting some food!
We each ordered a dinner which comes with 5 pieces of chicken and two sides.
We got the sauce on the side, bbq and honey garlic.
I got the bbq but it was on the spicy side for me and I ended up liking the honey garlic My Honey got better.
I really liked the chicken just on it's own too without any sauce at all.


They serve it to you in a pizza box which is a great idea.

I got a kale salad and fries for my sides.

My Honey got the pesto mac & cheese and a corn fritter.
Both were really good.
Although it was a little out of the way, we were both really pleased with the meal.

They had a vanilla coconut chia pudding so I got one of them to go.
It comes in a little mason jar.
We tried it later on while we were driving home and it was so delicious I was wishing I'd gotten us each one.

I picked up color run supplies at the Dollarama there then we headed to Costco so I could grab more supplies for the run.
My Honey got the idea that he wants to make bacon so we stopped at the Warehouse and he got a huge pork belly and he is going to give it a try.
I am sure it will be wonderful.

From there we headed back to pick up the area rug.

Since we were in the mall already, we walked down and got ourselves a frozen yogurt at my favorite spot.

Those little balls of juicy goodness are the best!
Most places only have 1 or 2 kinds to choose from, here they have about 10!


I also ended up finding a couple of bras and a bathing suit top.
They are so hard to find with support in them and I've been looking for a bit so I was happy with that find.
Finally we grabbed the area rug and were on our way home.


I picked up these trivia cards at the Dollar store and I went through 2 decks of them asking My Honey questions on the way home.
He loves trivia.

We dropped the color run supplies off at the office and when we went in there it was like an inferno.
I had to call one of the foreman to let them know to get someone in there to fix it or we would have melted at work on Monday.

By the time we unloaded everything at home it was pretty much bed time.
I ordered myself new fitbit bands but they haven't arrived yet and I am really missing my fitbit.
If they don't arrive before we leave for London I may have to buy another one.

My boy and his honey were in the city today too.

Her mom graduated from her massage therapy course she's been taking for the last two years so they went in for her graduation.

Miss H's baby bump looks so cute all dressed up.


Fatgirlfedup is so inspirational and full of good advice too!

No fitbit yet.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment