Sunday 24 June 2018

Appreciation BBQ (June 19, 2018)

It was an absolutely gorgeous day out today.
Sunny and hot - it was wonderful.


I stopped on the way to work and picked myself up a breakfast sandwich.

We had an appreciation bbq planned at the office today for the guys out in the field.
I helped set up a bit.

Then before you know it, they were arriving.

There wasn't much seating so a bunch of them were sitting on the ground.


I like seeing all the guys from out in the field, we don't get to see them much.


JRA and RH manned the bbq's and they did a great job.

We didn't much feel like sitting on the ground so we headed in to the conference room and sat in there instead.

Ha ha - you'd think they'd get used to me taking their pictures all the time by now!
I seem to only think of it when we are all eating.

NC/T came down to join us.
I had a burger, a hot dog and some salads.
It was good.

From there I had to head to a WCSS lunch meeting that I had set up.
I didn't realize I'd set them up so close together.
We discussed the spill exercise that is coming up in September and I assigned tasks to some of the guys so I wouldn't have to take care of everything myself.
My niece was working so she was our waitress.
I made sure to leave her a good tip!
I didn't have anything to eat but I paid for the guys which WCSS will reimburse to me later.


I checked the mail and I had a parcel - it was my new journal and my replacement straps for my fitbit.
I got 10 of them for $20.

You can tell they are inexpensively made but they will certainly do the trick.

I stopped at home for my fitbit because I wanted to get back to wearing it right away.
Then it was back to the office and a busy afternoon.

My Honey sent me pictures of what he was busy making at home.
Smoked whitefish salad - yummy.

He was also making bacon.
He picked up a big piece of pork belly, brined it, smoked it and he was planning on cooking it up for supper.

My Honey made bagels too (from scratch) - don't they look great!

Today is massage day - Yay, my favorite!!!

My appointment was at 6 so I got home and got busy on my blog again while My Honey was finishing up supper.
Around 5:30 I figured I'd better eat so I could go.


He had all kinds of veggies sliced up.


Some greens too - we wanted arugula but I couldn't get any here so baby spinach it was.

Here is the home made bacon, it was thick and crispy and oh so good.
It was delicious!
He is just so darn talented.
It would never occur to me to make my own bagels, never.



What a fabulous sandwich it made.

I just started eating when my massage therapist texted me to see if I was still coming.
I looked and turns out my appointment was actually at 5:30.
OMG - I felt soooo bad.
I jumped up and headed right up there.
So I ended up being late but thankfully she is understanding.

The massage felt wonderful as usual.
She did some cupping on my back, which I love, and spend some extra time on my feet because they were feeling a little tight.
She made a great suggestion which I am so going to do.
She suggested freezing a bottle of water then using it to roll my feet on. She said a golf ball would work as well.

What a great idea!

We have a kitchen in the hotel we have booked in London so I am going to get a couple bottles and keep them frozen for rolling my feet at night.

I stopped over at my brothers to let him know about the chance we have to go behind the gates at Buckingham Palace and that there is a dress code so he would need to have a collared shirt and tie.
He is good with that.

I think he is excited about going on a trip like this, I wish we could all go on more together.
I wish my other brother could come too, we will miss not having him there.


Louie was happy to see me and came over for a bit of a pet.
He is Miss H's puppy.

When I got back home, My Honey had wrapped up my bagel for me so I finished it up.


He was sitting on the steps chatting with his mom and loving on Mrs. Zazzles.


These two were on guard duty.


I think Paddington is wondering where all his lovin' is.

I watched tonight's episode of Little People Big World then we watched an episode of Face Off together.

I can't believe it's been cancelled, it's such a great show!


So me every time I walk to the photocopier from my office!

Fitbit is back!!!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment