Sunday 17 June 2018

Kitty Cuddles are the Best (May 29, 2018)

I had to be to work early this morning to let some folks in.
We were having Wellness Clinics at the office this morning so a nurse and our wellness program coordinator from Calgary came down to run it.

It was scheduled to start at 7 am so they were here at 6:30 to set up.

You used to have to fast before they drew blood and even though you don't have to anymore, I still wanted to just in case.
So I skipped coffee and breakfast until my appointment.
I was scheduled for 7:15am but I gave my appointment to one of the guys from the field so I had to wait around until they had a free spot.

I was getting hungry so I ended up having a couple of hard boiled eggs to tide me over.
I finally got in around 11:30 am.

She took my blood pressure and it was a little high, 132/87 which had me a bit concerned.
She did it a couple more times and it dropped down to roughly 130/80 so she said I was in the normal range but to keep an eye on it.
My blood pressure is usually lower so it is a bit of a wake up call to get back in shape I think.

She weighed me and measured me as well.
 120 kg which is 264.5 lbs.
Definitely going in the wrong direction here.

I tried to get out for walks and get in the 250+ steps per hour but I had a couple of meetings so I wasn't able to get all of those in.


I did get a few walks in so that was nice.

I ended up working through lunch hoping to get some more of my course completed but that didn't happen.
The guys had a lunch meeting and their was leftovers so I grabbed some for lunch.

After work I headed straight over to the community center here in town to man the FCSS booth at the Wellness Fair.
I was winding down by the time I got over there but I had a chance to walk around and check everything out.
The lady with Alberta Brain Injury that helped set up the worker that mom has was there at a booth so I chatted to her a bit about mom.

I also ran into my massage therapist so I chatted with her for a bit too.
It was over at 6 pm so I stayed and helped put away tables and chairs.

I stopped at the store to find something for supper and decided on meatballs.
I picked up both sweet & sour sauce and a honey garlic sauce because I wasn't sure what I was in the mood for.

I ended up making the meatballs and not adding any sauce at all.

I made rice and edamame to go with and it was a yummy supper.
I tried to wait for My Honey to eat but he was super late getting home so I folded like a towel.

I needed to get some extra steps in to make the 10,000 mark so I marched in place for awhile watching tv.
I walked crazily around the house too but it worked and I got in my steps for the day.

My reward was kitty cuddles.

Paddington snuggled right in and we chilled.

Of course we had to take a selfie.

It was around 10 when My Honey finally got home and I was pretty much ready for bed by then.
So he tucked me in and I was off to dreamland.


This cracked me up!
Looks like a strange cat alien creature.

👍👍👍

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment