Sunday 17 June 2018

Proud of My Sister (May 27, 2018)

I actually slept in this morning until almost 9:30 am and it was wonderful.
I had planned on going for a walk as soon as I got up but instead I made a coffee and watched another episode of Call the Midwife.
Big mistake.
Seems once I get started, I can't stop.

I did however make myself get up in between each episode to go do something.
I had the laundry to finish up, dishes to get done, floors to sweep and carpets to vacuum.
So I didn't waste away the whole day and feel like a complete lazy bones at the end of the day.

My son dropped by after he got off of work and I fed him some left over spaghetti.
He visited for a while - I thought something was up but he said everything was ok.

My Honey got home late and we made some plans for our upcoming trip to London.
He booked us a food tour today and we also checked out ways to get to Bayeux, France.
My dad would like someone from our family to go there because there is a memorial there to his Uncle Adrian from WWII.
My brother wants to go and My Honey & I were thinking that we would actually like to go to.
We checked out the train, renting a car and taking the ferry or flying.
Turns out flying would be the cheapest and quickest way to get there so now I just need to discuss with my brother.

My Honey ended up getting called back out to work just as we were heading to bed.
I watched another episode of Call the Midwife waiting for him to return but by 11 pm I figured I better head to bed.

I had a quick look at Facebook when I got into bed and  saw these pictures my sister posted - the before and afters from a 10 k run she did today.

It immediately made me feel two things;
1 - pride for my sister - what a great accomplishment for her
2 - shame in myself - for letting myself get further & further out of shape.

Then and there I decided that I need to change it and only I can do that.
I made myself goals for this week which I am going to hold myself accountable to.

Here they are - There are only a few but I am determined.
1 - reach the 10,000 step goal each day this week.
2 - complete at least one item daily from my to do list items
3 - get on the treadmill each day - doesn't matter how long, just get on it!

That is it.
There is no reason why I can't accomplish them.
Here are the To Do List items I need to work on:
- make a trip to the dump
- do mom's taxes
- clean out freezer
- clean out fridge
- clean small bathroom
- clean large bathroom
- set up medical insurance for mom for trip (maybe Rob too?)
- order in some UK pounds from bank.
- register for Edmonton Color Run Aug.11, 2018

I had a hard time falling to sleep thinking about My Honey being out at work and giving myself grief over letting my health and eating get so out of control.
I finally did drift off and I heard My Honey come in around 1:30 am.
Poor fellow is going to be tired tomorrow.
Only a couple days to go until he is on days off - I bet he is looking forward to it immensely!

Ba ha ha!

The struggle is real!

😞😞😞

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment