Tuesday 19 June 2018

In & Out Trip to the City (June 8, 2018)

When I was getting ready this morning, My Honey told me that Anthony Bourdain had passed away over the weekend.
He had been found unresponsive in a hotel room in France of an apparent suicide.
I was shocked and saddened.
Boy - you just never know what is going in with someone behind closed doors do you?
He seemed to have the perfect life.
Money and a job that took him around the world just meeting people and eating and drinking.
Such a tragedy.
I didn't really like him at first, I though he was pompous and arrogant but I grew to really admire him and enjoy him.
He was real and sincere and intelligent and just a voice of reason. I think it's a great loss not just to his family and friends but to all of us.
I will never understand how a person comes to the decision that suicide is their best course of action but they must surely be hurting and I feel for them and for all the people they leave behind.

Work went by super fast this morning.
I had lots from the last two days that I've been out of the office to catch up on.
So I worked, worked, worked all morning and right through lunch.


They were doing big work out in My Honey's neck of the woods today.
It's nice to see.

I had to leave the office early as I had an appointment in the city for my second laser therapy treatment.
I left the office later than I wanted so I called in to make sure she would still be able to take me a little later before driving all the way in there and she said it would be ok.

I stopped in Barrhead because I really needed to use the ladies room and I grabbed some snacks since I'd had no lunch.
I got myself a sandwich and some pistachios, an apple and a banana.
I wanted some watermelon but they wanted  $6 - 8 for just a little section of it so I skipped that.

I enjoyed my drive in.
I had my Ipod so I plugged it in and sang away.
I ended up being 15 minutes late for my appointment so not too bad.

She asked me if I'd noticed any differences.
The only thing I've really noticed so far is that it is much easier to talk myself out of eating things that I don't need.
The session took about 45 minutes.
She said she could hook me up to her machine and it would tell me what my body is missing or what parts of my body need attention.

Said she would do it next time so I am looking forward to having that done and seeing what it says.

I left there and hit up Walmart to grab some helium tanks and balloons for the Color Run.
I also stopped for gas and lottery tickets.


Then on the way out I grabbed two junior chicken wraps from MacDonalds.
I only ended up eating one of them and munched on my pistachios the rest of the way home instead.


About 40 mins away from home, I saw this fellow on the side of the road.
I saw him in the same spot on my way in this morning so I was rather concerned.
I pulled over and he just sat there and looked at me.
He didn't come up to the truck though so I kept on my merry way.

About 5 minutes later I pulled over again and I called My Honey because I was so torn about what to do.
He looked healthy enough so My Honey figured he likely belonged to a nearby farm.
I turned around and went back to check on him but he was gone.
I hope he was right.

I got home around 8:30 or so.
My Honey was already home from work.
We sat around and chatted for a bit then we hit the hay.
I was fairly tired.


In fact, I think this has actually happened to me.

I saw these pictures posted on Facebook today from the Hot Air Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, New Mexico and they make me want to go check it out more than ever now.

I didn't even realize that they made hot air balloons in shapes like these.

These are especially awesome, I mean who wouldn't want a ride in a giant Darth Vadar or Yoga?
Someday!
 
Still no fitbit stats.

That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment