Tuesday 19 June 2018

Happy Birthday Kod-man! (June 7, 2018)

26 years ago today I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy who has grown into a wonderful man.
I feel so honored that I got to be his mom.

I can't believe how time has flown and now he is about to be a dad himself - gets me a little choked up thinking about it.
I texted him first thing to wish him a Happy Birthday.
I didn't want to call and wake him but I wanted him to know that I was thinking about him.

I got showered and packed then headed over to the office.
I was meeting Jean at 7 so she could let me in.
I wasn't sure if I'd have time for Tim's but I saw one on the way and figured I'd give it a try.
The drive through line up was crazy again so I went in hoping for better results than yesterday and I was rewarded.
There was no line up and she took my order right away.

I got a coffee and a breakfast BELT (bacon, egg, lettuce, tomato).
And I still got to the office on time.

I answered emails and got my payroll entry completed while eating my lunch then it was time to start training again.
I did a recap of yesterday so they could see everything again and I felt like I did it in a more organized manner this morning (I think they felt that too).
Then I got them actually working in the program themselves.
They had some stuff that had been piling up and I think getting in there and doing it themselves is a much better way to learn than to sit and watch someone else do something.
They did really well.
Then suddenly it was time for lunch.
There were meeting in the office they had brought lunch in for and there were leftovers so they told us we could grab those.

I got a sandwich (half ham and half chicken salad) and a bowl of soup.
The ham sandwich and the soup were delicious.
I wasn't crazy for the chicken salad - the chicken was weird - but the bread was homemade and all in all it was a great lunch.

I was also able to bring it back to my desk and get some of my own work done.

After lunch we got working on reporting.
Because we are still using two different systems, it is a little more complicated.
You have to run reports from both systems then merge them together.

They practiced though and I think they were getting it.
I was hoping to leave around 2 or 3 but ended up not leaving until 3:30.
I didn't mind though - I wanted to make sure they were comfortable in the programs and comfortable enough with me to call me if they need help.

I headed out but my gps took me a very strange way.

It did take me by a Tim Hortons though so I got myself a chocolate chip iced capp.
I did get them to make it with milk instead of cream.
Still tasted just as good.
I changed the destination in my gps (my phone really) to see if would changed the route but it didn't so I left GP by some back way.
Eventually I got onto the highway and recognized where I was going though so that was good.


There really are some beautiful views along the drive.
 
I stopped in Fox Creek for gas and lottery tickets.
I was creating my lottery win world the whole drive home.

I called my boy to wish him a happy birthday and to see what he had planned for the night.
He said he was having people over so I thought I'd bring him a cake.

I ran into Dairy Queen in WCT and picked him up an ice cream cake.
I think that was a wise decision because when I got back on the highway I met the construction workers heading home for the night so I was just in time to avoid delays.

I made it back to town around 7:45 and stopped in at FCSS to catch the tail end of our meeting that had started at 7 pm.

Then I went home to pick up My Honey and my mom and we headed over to my boys to drop off the cake.

They had cooked up burgers so I made myself one because I was starving and it was so good.

I got to see the baby's room.

 
It is looking so good.

She has tons of baby clothes already.

And little baby shoes - I love them!!!
 
Especially these....

and these.
 
She is getting anxious for the crib which my ex is sending to them but he'll come through with it I'm sure.

She is looking really good but a little tired too.
She said that she hasn't been sleeping well and her back is bothering her - poor dear.
I remember how uncomfortable that time was, not fun.
My niece dropped over for the birthday too and she mentioned that they needed a glider rocker which I had thought about getting for them but now I definitely am.
I am going to start looking for one right away.


We had some cake of course (well I skipped it, ice cream cake is not my thing).

There were more people dropping by and it was getting late so we headed on home.
I watched the PVR'd episode of LPBW before calling it a night.

I didn't get my 10,000 steps worked into the day today but that's just the way it goes sometimes.
Tomorrow - I will absolutely reach that goal!!!
 
Some Facebook Memories popped up that I thought it would be timely to share.
 
This is from 10 years ago.
My boy turned 16 and got his first guitar.

Me from 10 years ago.

My niece and her friends.

They got into some stickers.
The girl on the right worked out at the golf course with us last summer.

They did my boy's hair for him.

He's a good sport.

He really wanted that guitar and I wasn't sure if he was going to stick to it and learn it but he has.
He is really good actually - makes me proud.
 


Me & my boy.

And another.

Can't have a birthday without a cake.

Happy birthday to you.

Getting pointers from Uncle R already!

He & I at a work picnic a couple years back.
I like this one of us!
Miss H posted one of her and K today and I think it's a great one.
Nothing makes a mama's heart soar like seeing her baby happy, even if he isn't a baby anymore.
 
No fitbit stats for today, I can't get my fitbit to sync.

That is all for today - until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment